CCleaner Metro?

peteyt

Hi there. I was wondering if there was any plans to create a metro (now modern UI) version of CCleaner. I know a lot of people may dislike this idea, but the ability to switch between normal and metro (similar to what browsers like IE/Chrome do) could avoid anyone getting annoyed. Also could the add/remove programs part of CCleaner support metro apps?

I know from searching the forum a few are not keen on Windows 8. I think that metro actually looks very sleek, the problem is that there are lots of non metro apps and switching back and forth between metro and the desktop isn't very seamless so hoping more developers will support it eventually.

Thanks

Also could the add/remove programs part of CCleaner support metro apps?

I assume you do not mean add/remove but the Tools -> Uninstall capability.

Are you sure that CCleaner is unable to support metro apps ?

It seems very unlikely to me that CCleaner would specifically exclude anything that can be removed via Windows native

"Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features"

Perhaps you could post a screen shot showing a couple of examples of what can be removed via the control panel which CCleaner ignores.

Personally I detest the look and thought of Metro,

but I will defend to the death the right of anyone to UNinstall such a monstrosity :)

Side note - Microsoft Modern UI is a future distortion of truth.

It will NOT be Modern when the next "in thing" is hexagonal tiles instead of square tiles - patent application's pending :)

I assume you do not mean add/remove but the Tools -> Uninstall capability.

Are you sure that CCleaner is unable to support metro apps ?

It seems very unlikely to me that CCleaner would specifically exclude anything that can be removed via Windows native

"Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features"

Perhaps you could post a screen shot showing a couple of examples of what can be removed via the control panel which CCleaner ignores.

Personally I detest the look and thought of Metro,

but I will defend to the death the right of anyone to UNinstall such a monstrosity :)

Side note - Microsoft Modern UI is a future distortion of truth.

It will NOT be Modern when the next "in thing" is hexagonal tiles instead of square tiles - patent application's pending :)

See I quite like Modern UI. I hated the idea of not having a classic start menu to but after using Windows 8 for a few days I got used to metro and I'm glad that they removed the start menu as it made me have to learn the new system which isn't hard and is quite nice and sleek - if the start menu was there the problem is that I'd probably use it all the time and not bother learning the new system properly.

The big problem however is that there are too many apps without Modern UI versions that at the moment it makes Windows 8 feel slightly pointless although nice and handy. I wonder if more developers will design apps for it or if the opposite happens, if Windows 9 will be a massive step backwards.

I believe Metro apps have to be uninstalled through the windows store, but I may be mistaken.

Seem to be able to uninstall them via the metro start part but maybe that's linked with the store preventing others applications from doing so to.