DrWatson problems on scan

I really like CCleaner, and have used it on my XP Home system for about 6 months. Sometimes now, I'm getting scans that start and then seem to just freeze. Some at 84%, some at 88%, and the latest one at 9%. There's disk activity, but no advance of the progress bars. After about a minute of no progress, I do a ctrl-alt-del, and the task manager shows two DrWatson.exe processes running. When I click on end process for those, it blows away Ccleaner. This may not at all be CCleaner's fault, since I had to go through some heavy duty anti-virus repairs, and spyware repairs to my system over the holidays. I may have a setting out of whack from that. CCleaner doesn't always work like it used to, and I miss that. Any ideas, or is this a bug? UPDATE -- I just ran the scan for issues again, and it quickly reached 100%. It also let me fix the 3 minor issues it found. This is good, but I'm curious about the Dr Watson issue.

I really like CCleaner, and have used it on my XP Home system for about 6 months. Sometimes now, I'm getting scans that start and then seem to just freeze. Some at 84%, some at 88%, and the latest one at 9%. There's disk activity, but no advance of the progress bars. After about a minute of no progress, I do a ctrl-alt-del, and the task manager shows two DrWatson.exe processes running. When I click on end process for those, it blows away Ccleaner. This may not at all be CCleaner's fault, since I had to go through some heavy duty anti-virus repairs, and spyware repairs to my system over the holidays. I may have a setting out of whack from that. CCleaner doesn't always work like it used to, and I miss that. Any ideas, or is this a bug? UPDATE -- I just ran the scan for issues again, and it quickly reached 100%. It also let me fix the 3 minor issues it found. This is good, but I'm curious about the Dr Watson issue.

You can google "Dr. Watson", and get a lot of information. Dr. Watson for Windows starts automatically when a program error occurs. You can configure Dr. Watson: Run > drwtsn32 > click OK.

It seems like CCleaner is working out for you now. As for Dr. Watson it isn't really a big deal. I personally uncheck "Crash Dump File" as my only configuration. Supposedly, the public can access your information that is dumped into that file. But, I do stress "supposedly". There is a lot of information on the topic.

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I had a virus in my system, that hid under drwatson, one was legit and the other was a virus.

Yes, that is one of the many possible associations with Dr. Watson. It's worth keeping an eye on it every so often.

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)