Speccy 1.19.411 incorrectly displays memory in the main window!

Alexes

Hello,dear developers! :)

I noticed that version 1.19 not right shows the size of the RAM in the main window! I have only 3.5 GB ,and it is shown that is 4 GB. In the section of RAM size displayed correctly. See screenshot, screenshot 1- main window ,incorrectly displays memory.

screenshot 2 -section of RAM ,correctly displays memory.

Please,fix this bug.

post-54065-0-36168400-1355733307_thumb.pngpost-54065-0-56255000-1355733355_thumb.png

• 11 months later...

Hello guys!

Speccy 1.24 have the same bug! :(

Why admins and moderators don't even pay attention to this problem? the problem has dragged on for more than a year! Please note already finally, look at the screenshots!

If you need logs, then say, I will send it to you.

• Moderators

While I do not have direct communication with the developers, I know they read all threads and believe they, in similar situations, have stated they are unable to recreate this bug. I am sure it is a bug they do attempt to squash though.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 7 months later...

If you want direct developer support you need to purchase the PRO version from Piriform.

n.b.  They have every right to believe that they have fixed the bug with version 1.26 to which you made no reference.

n.b.  They have every right to believe that they have fixed the bug with version 1.26 to which you made no reference.

Version 1.26 has the same bug! All versions after 1.16 has this bug! :( version 1.16 display RAM correct in main window. see screenshot.

post-54065-0-04927300-1404982616_thumb.png

You have 3 memory slots in use.

That suggests you have 2 GB in one slot,

and 1 GB in a second slot.

Do you have 512 MB in the third slot ?

If not then I guess you have 4 GB physically installed and this could be what is shown by intention on the Summary page,

whilst the RAM page is more concerned with the amount of RAM that 32 bit windows can handle and put to use.

Alternatively if I am guessing wrong then perhaps the developers need to have your particular system to identify why Speccy malfunctions on your specific system.

Perhaps you need to specify all details for purchasing your exact same computer and they MAY recognize a feature that is causing Speccy to go wrong.

Yes, i have 3 slots in use. 2 GB, 1 GB and 512 mb DDR2.

I repeat that all versions after 1.16 incorrectly shows the amount of RAM in main window of programm. In the section of RAM size or RAM displayed correctly. Version 1.16 display correct amount of RAM in main window and in the section of RAM.
This problem I've noticed not only on your computer, some other computers that have a different amount of RAM - has the same bug. :(

In other words, the function of definitions RAM worked fine in version 1.16, and then they broke something and all the following versions Speccy - began to show a wrong amount in the main program window (in Summary page).

That is, developers need to look at the old version 1.16 and understand what they broke...

• Moderators

what we need here the forum - I do not understand! A year and a half, the developers never said and the problem is still not solved...  :(

This is a self-help forum for a free product, the developers rarely respond to posts. As has been pointed out, if we can't solve the problem you will have to purchase support from Piriform, or live with this minor error.

Augeas, "interesting" logic has company Piriform..  :wacko: That is - for fixing problem in your program, I have to pay? To me, this small bug does not apply specifically, I just brought the information about it and hoped that it quickly correct... Because this bug is not in me only, but many users. Why should I pay for something, what would the developers have noticed him and started to fix it???? What a strange logic... 

Let them pay those who need the Pro version and support from developers! I don't need support, I just reported a bug and hoped that it quickly correct. That's all!
Thank you for your attention.

Dear developers, i live in Russia and $19.95 for Pro-version of Speccy - is quite a lot of money!

May be you do on the website  piriform.com accept payments-thanks from users who want to thank you for your program! Something like Paypal-wallet, etc. Who will want to support you - they can :) I would also translated you some money (5$ for example) for your efforts over Ccleaner, Recuva, Speccy. :)

I have not seen any evidence.

I saw here on the forum a few topics with the same problem! and I repeat that the problem occurs not only on my computer! I sometimes do repairs and setup of computers, and noticed this bug on several different computers.

• Moderators

That is - for fixing problem in your program, I have to pay?

No, perhaps I phrased my reply badly. There is no Piriform support for Speccy Free, so it's very unlikely that any Piriform developer will respond to a problem here on the forum. As this thread has been going for 18 months it's likely that the developers have read it. I have no idea what, if anything, they will do. Buying support gives you direct contact with the Piriform support team, but as you said this is not what you want. это нормально.