Not deleting history on Google Chrome

• Moderators

my guess is some chrome processes are still running (usual suspects causing this are chrome sync and chrome print) open task manager go to the processes tab and look for chrome and/or plugincontainer

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I am running Windows 7. I do have a lot of bookmarks in Google Chrome. I tried again, made sure Chrome was shut down and ran the cleaner. I saw the Internet Cache and History on the list. However, when I opened up Chrome again, and chose History, my History was still there. I checked the Task Manager and I do have a LOT of Processes, but none that looked like Chrome. I have both Evernote and Dropbox running on my computer.

Same issue here.

Work and home machine.

It was an issue on Windows 7(x64) and it's still an issue on Windows 8(x64).

Even if the background app service is disabled.

And chrome is definetly offline...it just leaves some of the history in there.

I have no idea how you are unable to reproduce this since I myself have never actually seen this part of the cleanup work. EVER.

At first i thought it my be the fact that we're logged into google...but heh the "share history" option is disabled so that can't be it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I know this topic is old but I too am having the same problem. After using ccleaner and then going to google chrome to check to see if the history was removed. most are gone but it seems that there is one left for each day I used chrome. And these are not items I have bookmarked. One thing though, I am using version v3.09.1493 which is an older version. I am asked to update to a newer one each time I open ccleaner and I always refuse. My thoughts on this is, why update when what I have works fine. I have found and been subjected to problems when updating to a newer version of programs so I am very leary, even though there may be a possibility of no problems.Any thoughts or fixes on this bug?

• Moderators
when what I have works fine.

obviously not fine when you take into account you're reporting a "bug". especially for a program which, since your version, has been fixed numerous (too many to count) times for chrome (which itself has been updated like 14 or more times in the almost two years since you updated ccleaner) .

Edited by Nergal
clarity

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• 2 months later...

I wanted to mention that I'm still having this problem. Could it be related to Cookies I've decided to keep or anything like that? When I run CCleaner, it says it is deleting my Chrome history. I go back to Chrome, and there are parts of the History still there. Maybe it is a CCleaner setting that someone can help me out with?

I have W7 and ccleaner version 4.00 4064.. Just this last two days,without making any changes to my day to day operation of Chrome( I checked the file manager and that there are no apps),I am experiencing the same problems listed here.I sensed something may be wrong since as I have the 35 pass deletion,the run seemed to whip through whereas usually it takes some time.However,the deletion report state that all files have been deleted.

• 3 months later...

hey guys i have experienced the same problem ,its very simple to solve it.as u know when you try to run ccleaner then a small window appears to close google chrome even though its closed and if we proceed the history from other browsers is deleted but chrome history remains,so here's the solution.

after closing the google chrome window,check for notification of chrome in hidden icons in task bar,,there u'll find an icon of chrome right click on that and click exit.

now your chrome history will be deleted along with other browsers.

u can also unmark to run chrome in background.i hope its help full

thank you.

• Moderators
hey guys i have

u can also unmark to run chrome in background.i hope its help full

Really that's the major advice here (though this thread is quite decrepitly old) also check the tasks manager processes/details tab for errant chrome executables

Really that's the major advice here (though this thread is quite decrepitly old) also check the tasks manager processes/details tab for errant chrome executables

hi nergal

yes i know about that but generally there will be more than 4 or so chrome.exe processes running in task manager after closing it ,we have to end them selecting individually so its a bit troublesome and time consuming ,however if you exit chrome from notifications all these processes will end automatically hence its a faster and better way of doing it.

thank you

I wanted to mention that I'm still having this problem. Could it be related to Cookies I've decided to keep or anything like that? When I run CCleaner, it says it is deleting my Chrome history. I go back to Chrome, and there are parts of the History still there. Maybe it is a CCleaner setting that someone can help me out with?

Turn off the "history" in the Google chrome browser and synchronization history will be removed. sorry for machine translationhttp://savepic.net/3986822.htm