How to make 8 great

Super Fast

• Moderators

I like the way you think about that, Hazel!!!

I tried for a day or two, to think how installing the free media player key that MS gives you would be circumventing activation, but then I only came up with this.

1) Microsoft gave everyone the media player & key for free. People aren't trying to circumvent. MS did it for them.

2) Circumventing activation implies you did something illegal. Since MS gives away the media player & key for free, you're not doing anything illegal.

3) You can't tell people not to install MS Media Player, since MS is promoting it & giving it away for free.

4) This leaves Microsoft in a real pickle, since they are the ones promoting it & giving it away.

So, the end result is, MS is giving it away for free & users are doing nothing illegal by using what MS gives them for free.

I am sure, by Windows 9, MS will learn better. However, it is also possible that MS also saw that Windows 8 would be such a drastic change, that it may flop.

Hence, the "fully activated" state of Windows, (once you add media player) could be a marketing angle they thought of in order to improve adoption of 8.

I would not put it past them to "accidentally leak" a fully licensed key like that, to try to dominate the market & shove Linux the rest of the way out of it.

Then, tighten down controls to draconian levels & force everyone to do exactly like you demand.

What a load of rubbish.

You still seem to be implying that I have used Media Centre key to 'activate' Windows. I BOUGHT a full version key for Windows 8.

You suggest or imply this once more and I may have to take legal action against you.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Once again, ridiculous meanderings spoiling what should have been a straightforward discussion, and I fully support hazel here in her reaction to the implications you make regarding activation of Win8.

You started the topic Super Fast, but because of you I'm closing it, and I would add that you really are skating on thin ice with this type of thing. I very rarely make statements like this in the open forum, and I have tried to give you polite sensible advice via pm about your posting, but you don't seem to heed any advice.

Thread closed.