increase analysis and defrag

karrygun

I have I suspect that my disc super is defragmented, but defraggler says always 0% to me like fragmentation. how I can increase them? as I can analyze all.

moreover, when I make defragmentation free space, it is blocked to me to a sure percentage. it never does not arrive to 100%.

• Moderators

have you tried using Windows Disk Defragmenter and seeing if you get the same results?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators
I have I suspect that my disc super is defragmented

Why do you suspect this

I just defragged my 0% fragmented drive with defraggler and it carefully (during a lengthy action) consolidated my blank spaces a fair amount. It took much longer than it did when there were fragments but it did a pretty good clean up

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

moreover, when I make defragmentation free space, it is blocked to me to a sure percentage. it never does not arrive to 100%.

Try this:

-> Before defraggling, close all your web browsers & run CCleaner to clean all your trash first.

-> Update to the latest Defraggler before beginning the next step.

-> In Defraggler, go to Settings, then options. Then click Advanced, checkmark to use custom fragmentation & stop VSS. Click Define & exclude both.

-> Defrag your drive again, & see how things go.

* Occasionally, over time, Windows may build up several gigs of Restore points. Windows assigns different amounts for system restore, based on HDD size.

It may be necessary over the years, to disable system restore to clear all the restore points, then re-enable it so Windows can create new ones.

Anti-virus installations, & major updates can trigger restore events, as well as the normal ones Windows creates automatically.

Try this:

-> Before defraggling, close all your web browsers & run CCleaner to clean all your trash first.

-> Update to the latest Defraggler before beginning the next step.

-> In Defraggler, go to Settings, then options. Then click Advanced, checkmark to use custom fragmentation & stop VSS. Click Define & exclude both.

-> Defrag your drive again, & see how things go.

* Occasionally, over time, Windows may build up several gigs of Restore points. Windows assigns different amounts for system restore, based on HDD size.

It may be necessary over the years, to disable system restore to clear all the restore points, then re-enable it so Windows can create new ones.

Anti-virus installations, & major updates can trigger restore events, as well as the normal ones Windows creates automatically.

ccleaner have worked bad. i have segnalate this problem.

i not understand this part. i have tried the exclude retore point , ibernate and arrest vss

now i not have the restore events next have used ccleaner :S . when i used ccleaner, i have always problem. not was better delete temp files this my browser?

i can do scan in other mode? my pc it's too slow.

why the boot time defrag not work? when i haved the old pc, boot time defrag work for few minutes. now start but not work. i wait only 1 second. i not haved never used in this notebook (6 mounth next format).

i've used a similar program and i have 12% defrag and 4,4mb

• Moderators

why the boot time defrag not work? when i haved the old pc, boot time defrag work for few minutes. now start but not work. i wait only 1 second. i not haved never used in this notebook (6 mounth next format).

i've used a similar program and i have 12% defrag and 4,4mb

Many factors could be at play here

What Windows do you run (on the Notebook)

How Do you know Boot Defrag isn't working? If the Laptop is new Boot Time should be very quick.

Old computer may have had a lot in its Page Files and System folders, especially if we're talking XP vs. Windows 8.

Also, it is customary to open separate threads for separate problems. This seems very different than the issue you first posted about (different computer?)

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

Thanks Removed (Next time just use the report button though.Thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

how can you do what?

I think that KarryGun has defragged unused FreeSpace (his first post)

and for some reason thinks that this should result in faster access to his files,

and the fact that Novabench shows no change in speed is the reason he thinks Defraggler has done nothing.

I've used novabenchfor test the speed of PC. results? same ...

Personally I believe there is NO benefit from defragging free space until AFTER the free space has been written to,