Applications not showing.

Roxie2401

I must be doing something wrong (again).

I'm using the latest version of CCleaner and the current winapp2.ini on a Windows 7 (64bit) system.

I see Applications listed in the Winapp2.ini file but they do not show up in the Application list in CCleaner. For example, I see MailWasher Pro listed in the file, but I can't find it in the list to check (or uncheck).

Also, what happened to Office 2007, etc. in winapp2.ini? It used to be there (and I do have it installed on my system) and it does appear in the Application list in CCleaner.

What am I missing? Some don't show in the Application list but are in winapp2; others show in the Application list but are not in the winapp2 file. And, it does appear CCleaner is clearing Office 2007 items.

Thanks

Winapp2.ini is not provided or supported by the developers of CCleaner.exe

Winapp2.ini has NOTHING TO DO with your specific computer.

It is a monster list of things that various users have found to benefit their own specific computers,

and each item will only benefit your own computer if you have the relevant application installed.

For example, I see MailWasher Pro listed in the file, but I can't find it in the list to check (or uncheck).

It will NOT have a box to check/uncheck UNLESS MailWasher is installed in the appropriate way.

Also, what happened to Office 2007, etc. in winapp2.ini? It used to be there

The probability is that originally CCleaner.exe was not configured to look for and clean Office 2007,

and a forum user identified the relevant junk and how to purge it and contributed this to Winapp2.ini,

and more recently the developers have enhanced the native capability of CCleaner.exe to tackle Office 2007 without the need for WinApp2.ini,

so the relevant entry became redundant and has subsequently been removed from WinApp2.ini

Winapp2.ini is not provided or supported by the developers of CCleaner.exe

Winapp2.ini has NOTHING TO DO with your specific computer.

It is a monster list of things that various users have found to benefit their own specific computers,

and each item will only benefit your own computer if you have the relevant application installed.

For example, I see MailWasher Pro listed in the file, but I can't find it in the list to check (or uncheck).

It will NOT have a box to check/uncheck UNLESS MailWasher is installed in the appropriate way.

Also, what happened to Office 2007, etc. in winapp2.ini? It used to be there

The probability is that originally CCleaner.exe was not configured to look for and clean Office 2007,

and a forum user identified the relevant junk and how to purge it and contributed this to Winapp2.ini,

and more recently the developers have enhanced the native capability of CCleaner.exe to tackle Office 2007 without the need for WinApp2.ini,

so the relevant entry became redundant and has subsequently been removed from WinApp2.ini

What do you mean about MailWasher being installed in the Appropriate way? I installed in using the MailWasher installer and it runs just fine - just no check box in Applications.

As to Office 2007, in older version (when I was running WinXP), I could modify how CCleaner handled Office by editing the winapp2.ini (for example, I did not want it to clean Access recent so I commented (REM) that line out). I just don't see any way of doing that now - if as you say, CClean is doing it without the winapp2.ini entries.

Please clearify the Mailwasher comment. And remember, I'm running on Win7.

Thanks

It used to be there (and I do have it installed on my system)

Although probably unintentional, I think you have seriously misled us.

From your first post I can only assume that you have updated CCleaner and WinApp2.ini,

and that you were complaining that what used to be there before that update is no longer there.

At post #5 you refer to a previous version of WinXP.

Please clarify :-

Are you running Windows 7 on the same hardware that had WinXP ?

Have the deficiencies you complain of always existed since running Windows 7 ?

Ok, sorry if I have "misled" any of you. I thought I was pretty clear.

I have applications installed (example MailWasher Pro) and they do not show up in the Applications list in CCleaner. So, to keep it simple, where does CCleaner get the Applications it lists? I thought it was from the winapp2.ini. Am I wrong?

To continue the senereio - let's use MailWasherPro. Its installed in my system and it does creat log files that I would like to have CCleaner "clean." That isn't happening, so I went looking for a check box to tell CCleaner that I want to include MailWasher Pro as one of the applications to clean. How do I do that? There is no check box showing. Does any one else have (1) MailWasherPro installed and (2) does it show up in the Applications Tab; if so, what category (Applications, Multimedia, Utilitites, etc.) or does it not show up at all in the list to be cleaned?

If I look at the current winapp2.ini file, I do see MailWasherPro and there is a line for "logs" and "cache," etc. So, keeping it simple, should this program show up in the Applications list of CCleaner?

To answer a previous question, I am currently running a dual boot system (two partitions) - one Partition has WinXP installed along with applications that don't "play well" with Win7. On the other Partition I have Win7 installed and that is where I have the current version of CCleaner & the current winapp2.ini (v1.0.121013).

Now, are you telling me that in addition to running the winapp2.ini file, CCleaner has applications built in that are not controlled by the winapp file?

Also, just a curiousity - when I see applications in the winapp2.ini file and they have an astrick (*) [MailWasher Pro*] - what does the (*) designate? I don't see it described in the "comments" at the beginning of the file.

As and FYI - I just added a program to the winapp2.ini file and after closing and reopeing CCleaner, that new program now appears in the Applications tab - so I guess the winapp2.ini is used for something.

This may be a very long way of asking, "How does CCleaner determine what appears in the Applications tab?" How does a user know what CCleaner is cleaning generically vs. what is in the winapp2.ini file?

Thanks

• Moderators

winapp2 adds extra programs to the already supported, it is very unofficial and the public one is meant as a template, or to ease users from having to reinvent the wheel everytime he or she wanted a custom entry.

see the link in my signature

ccleaner finds programs based on the detect line of the entry, in the case of mailwasher, I assume the entry is detected by the registry key provided in reply#2

the * means the program is listed in the winapp2.ini file. It is a convention the community came up with for easy entry identification

Edited by Nergal

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

winapp2 adds extra programs to the already supported, it is very unofficial and the public one is meant as a template, or to ease users from having to reinvent the wheel everytime he or she wanted a custom entry.

see the link in my signature

ccleaner finds programs based on the detect line of the entry, in the case of mailwasher, I assume the entry is detected by the registry key provided in reply#2

the * means the program is listed in the winapp2.ini file. It is a convention the community came up with for easy entry identification

Thanks - one things I do know for sure, I have the Registry Key for MailWasher Pro and CCleaner is not cleaning the log files and CCleaner does not show MailWasher Pro in the Applications list.

Any suggestion on how to get it to detect that program? Is there any problem with programs being listed in Win7/Program Files (x86) and not in Win7/Program Files?

• Moderators

is the registry key Exactly as Winnapp2.ini stated in the reply I linked

So we are all on the same page here is the entry in question

[MailWasher Pro*]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\FireTrust\MailWasher Pro
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Firetrust\MailWasher\logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Firetrust\MailWasher\cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%AppData%\Firetrust\MailWasher|log-*|RECURSE

You should find Mail Wash on the Second tab of the Cleaner Section under the "Internet" SubSection

What version of MailWasher pro do you use?

Offtopic: I don't know how I feel about a program that "washes mail" but can't keep it's own forum free of mass spammers http://forum.firetrust.com/viewforum.php?f=16 (and I thought we had it bad as moderators of spam)

Edited by Nergal

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

Double Post to let OP Know I have solved this issue

The Following is the Mailwasher 2012 Compatible

[MailWasher Pro*]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect2=HKCU\Software\Firetrust\MailWasher
Default=False

Letme know If that works for you (it seems to work correctly that way on my XP sp3 Virtualmachine)

Double Post to let OP Know I have solved this issue

The Following is the Mailwasher 2012 Compatible

[MailWasher Pro*]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect2=HKCU\Software\Firetrust\MailWasher
Default=False

Letme know If that works for you (it seems to work correctly that way on my XP sp3 Virtualmachine)

Hi - thanks for sticking with this. Your "Detect2" works fine in WinXP. I did finally find what the issue is with Win7. You need to remove the space between MailWasher and Pro since the Registry Key in Win7 is really, "HKCU/Software\Firetrust\MailWasherPro" (no space) and in WinXP its as you said just "MailWasher" (no Pro).

Who knows why they changed it between the two operating systems, but........finally, it does show up in the Applications/Internet list.

All this makes me believe that MailWasher is not being detected by CCleaner and it definitely requires the proper entry in the winapp2.ini file.

Now, I guess I can move on and see why other applications are not showing up in the Applications Tab

Thanks very much!

• Moderators

if you post an entry in this thread ( http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310 ) winnapp2.ini (the person not the file) will add/change it in the public winnapp2.ini (the file not the person)

I've been monitoring this thread, rest assured, it'll be corrected in the next release (hopefully in the next few days- whenever CCleaner is released)

Hi, Thank you - I see the latest Winapp2.ini does now have three Detect lines - that certainly should cover any version of MailWasher.

Question: I see in my Applications list "Office 2007" and "Office XP" but I don't see either of these in the winapp2.ini file. Are these applications being handled by CCleaner "internally" and I can't change what is being cleaned? For example, excluding "Excel's recent" file list? I think a long time ago, Office XP was in the winapp2.ini and each program (Word, Power, Excel, Access) had individual entries - but that was many versions ago.

Thanks for the great support.

[Office XP]
ID=2047
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Common
Default=True
FileKey1=%appdata%\Microsoft\Office\Recent|*.*
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\PowerPoint\Recent File List
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Excel\Recent Files
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\FrontPage\Explorer\FrontPage Explorer\Recent File List
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\FrontPage\Explorer\FrontPage Explorer\Recent Page List
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\FrontPage\Explorer\FrontPage Explorer\Recent Web List
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Word\Recent Templates
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Common\Internet|UseRWHlinkNavigation

[Office 2007]
ID=2049
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common
Default=True
FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\Office\Recent|*.*
FileKey2=%AppData%\Microsoft\Office|*.tmp|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Office Word\Settings\Save As\File Name MRU
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\File MRU
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel\File MRU
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Settings|MRU1
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Settings|MRU2
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Settings|MRU3
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Settings|MRU4
RegKey8=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Settings|MRU5
RegKey9=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Settings|MRU6
RegKey10=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Settings|MRU7
RegKey11=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Settings|MRU8
RegKey12=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\File MRU
RegKey13=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Office PowerPoint\Settings\Save As\File Name MRU
RegKey14=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Office InfoPath\Settings\Open\File Name MRU
RegKey15=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Office InfoPath\Settings\Save As\File Name MRU
RegKey16=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Office Excel\Settings\Save As\File Name MRU
RegKey17=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Office Publisher\Settings\Save As\File Name MRU
RegKey18=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Publisher\Recent File List
RegKey19=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\InfoPath\Recent File List
RegKey20=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel Viewer\Viewer File MRU
RegKey21=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Clip Organizer\Search\Last Query
RegKey22=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common|FontBmpCache

Are both handled by CCleaner.

You can view the built in Winapp.ini (not winapp2!) here: www.winapp2.com/winapp.ini

[Office XP]
ID=2047
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Common
Default=True
FileKey1=%appdata%\Microsoft\Office\Recent|*.*
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\PowerPoint\Recent File List
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Excel\Recent Files
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\FrontPage\Explorer\FrontPage Explorer\Recent File List
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\FrontPage\Explorer\FrontPage Explorer\Recent Page List
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\FrontPage\Explorer\FrontPage Explorer\Recent Web List
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Word\Recent Templates
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Common\Internet|UseRWHlinkNavigation

[Office 2007]
ID=2049
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common
Default=True
FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\Office\Recent|*.*
FileKey2=%AppData%\Microsoft\Office|*.tmp|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Office Word\Settings\Save As\File Name MRU
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\File MRU
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel\File MRU
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Settings|MRU1
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Settings|MRU2
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Settings|MRU3
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Settings|MRU4
RegKey8=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Settings|MRU5
RegKey9=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Settings|MRU6
RegKey10=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Settings|MRU7
RegKey11=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Settings|MRU8
RegKey12=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\File MRU
RegKey13=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Office PowerPoint\Settings\Save As\File Name MRU
RegKey14=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Office InfoPath\Settings\Open\File Name MRU
RegKey15=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Office InfoPath\Settings\Save As\File Name MRU
RegKey16=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Office Excel\Settings\Save As\File Name MRU
RegKey17=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Office Publisher\Settings\Save As\File Name MRU
RegKey18=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Publisher\Recent File List
RegKey19=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\InfoPath\Recent File List
RegKey20=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel Viewer\Viewer File MRU
RegKey21=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Clip Organizer\Search\Last Query
RegKey22=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common|FontBmpCache

Are both handled by CCleaner.

You can view the built in Winapp.ini (not winapp2!) here: www.winapp2.com/winapp.ini

Hi - Thanks - that helped a lot.

Is there any way a user can modify the winapp.ini file? For example, if I wanted to exculde "Access" from the Office 2007?

I think what I am remembering is when Office 2007 was in the winapp2.ini, I could REM out that line - but if its "built-in" where do I modify the winapp.ini?

• Moderators

for excluding just use the exclude option

but yes

to do what you ask download the winapp.ini file the Winnie linked to your CCleaner folder and rename it winapp1.ini then make whatever changes you wish (with care though)

for excluding just use the exclude option

but yes

to do what you ask download the winapp.ini file the Winnie linked to your CCleaner folder and rename it winapp1.ini then make whatever changes you wish (with care though)

No to sound confused, but can you be more specific - what is "the Winnie linked to your CCleaner folder?" When I look in my CCleaner folder I only see the Lang folder and CCleaner.exe and CCleaner64.exe and the winapp2.ini.

How do I see the builtin winapp.ini (3.24)?