Sunglasses...

The New Guy

Hi,

Back again, it's been a long time. :);)

I have question about sunglasses if you guys don't mind; how do you tell if the sunglasses you have *protects* your eyes from UV rays from the sun? I mean, I didn't buy them(my dad got them from his work) nor does it have the *tag* on them that says so(or maybe my dad ripped them off? or the company who gave them to him just ripped them off for him?hehehe?), so "just" by inspecting them, is there a way to tell if it has some sort of protection from UV to your eyes?

Well, I just randomly found these glasses on the table that wasn't being used or *accepted* by any one in the family, so I thought why not take ownership of a third pair of glasses after I lost my other two pairs at uni...? :D

-_- I heard that UV can do "bad" things to the eyes...and I am ...I guess I'm getting paranoid..... :unsure:

Thanks in advance if anyone could help me out! ^_^

What you see is what you get. :)

Some info on compulsory Australian labelling

http://www.provision...518&pageID=9124

Is there any info written on the arms of the glasses?

Ahh, nice... :) Erm, well on that page, it didn't actually state what I was suppose to look for on the labels....but here, I can give you whatever's written on the arms of the glasses and see what you make of it: On the Left arm it says "1011 SIDEWINDER" and on the right, it says: "[some sort of symbol I can't draw here] AS/NZS 1337:1992 ID No 5053". That should be about it. How do I find out which Category my sunglasses fit into?

I don't even wear sunglasses and my eyes are fine. ;)
-_- You must be used to the brightness outside....either that or it's not really all that bright....of course you'd want to protect your eyes from UV light, don't you?

That 1337:1992 is 11 years earlier than 1067:2003

Even worse it is not for domestic use but was for

Eye protectors for industrial applications

and has since been superseded.

My guess would be protection when using Oxy Acetylene torches or Arc Welders,

which are noted for things other than Ultra-Violet.

:blink::mellow:-_- ....errrr...does that mean they're not...sunglasses but tinted glasses to protect from bright things like you described and they give no UV protection to the eyes, whatsoever? :huh:

Is that because the Sun does not get above the trees at 64° 00' N and 26° 00' E :)

Yes, must be. :(

-_- You must be used to the brightness outside....either that or it's not really all that bright....of course you'd want to protect your eyes from UV light, don't you?

Used to it, and no I don't care that much.

I don't know where my sunglasses are, I might use them on vacation (somewhere sunny/hot).

• Moderators

Post of the day :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Awwwwwwww.... :( .....and i thought they were "sunglasses" due to the dark shades it had.... :rolleyes: I guess glasses can be deceiving....you don't know what they *actually* are until you confirm it, like I did or rather you did as you did most of the work...

UV light from the sun shouldn't be *that* bad to the eyes....should it? - I will still keep and wear the glasses, only because I'm not spending $400 for a *quality* assured and reliable sunglasses and that the days outside is usually "bright"...and when the day's bright (when I don't have my "sunglasses" with me) I usually go "Ahhh, the sun; my eyes, I can't see! It's so blinding..." [And then I usually cover my eyes with my hands, while I move around or make "pretend binoculars" with them to keep brightness down a bit].....so I keep them close with me...

• Moderators

I buy (UV protected, polarized lens) sunglasses at gas stations or pharmacies for about = < 20 dollars US. I'd assume most countries have the same.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Yo dude! Don't even worry about it. Everyone is saying the end of the world is 2012, anyway... :lol:

But if we make it beyond that, I'd definitely check out the other posters above me for their wise instructions.

Right now, I'm tryin' to enjoy what's left of 2012 (just in case!)...

Yeah, unfortunately no Walmart in Australia anywhere....

Yo dude! Don't even worry about it. Everyone is saying the end of the world is 2012, anyway... :lol:

But if we make it beyond that, I'd definitely check out the other posters above me for their wise instructions.

Right now, I'm tryin' to enjoy what's left of 2012 (just in case!)...

Ahhh, being a bit...paranoid, are we...? Hahaha - I used to be that...but I think it's probably not going to happen... Remember the 2k thingy? Yeah - that didn't happen...and there was a few within from 2000 to 2012....

I remember that there was one, it could be in 2011 or maybe 2012? - that something "bad" was going to happen on - I think a Saturday? I can't remember, but I remember it was on the news(and I think it was some church guy or someone who was *religious* said that, of course *most* people agreed to it, of course not me...hehehe....I was too busy *gaming* at that time to even bother about that...) and everyone sold everything, buying their dream cars etc. Make the most of it before the day ended and we couldn't see the dawn of the next day...well, nothing *really* did happen...Those people who did all *that* for all that of which *didn't* happen lost everything!! Hahaha - I pity them! Not sure what they did, but I think they tried to *somehow get their stuff back...but I doubt they *did* get it back....I don't know....but yeah - that was the story....

So....after *me* being paranoid about that...err...*statement*, for...six months(this year; this was exactly why I wanted to complete Assassins Creed Revelations to see what happened on the 21st of December 2012 - or at least understand what was going on in the story completely before Ezio *apparently* dies)(Assassins Creed, by the way, is a pretty good backup of the 21-12-12 doomsday! - but of course it's just only a *game*...so nothing in a *game* is "ever" real in life....unfortunately...unless it was based on a *true* story....), I was convinced both by friends and "past" results.

Erm...I still haven't completed the game yet.....I'm in some ...side mission I guess....but I can't turn to that anytime now....I have my Engineering course at uni to worry about! I...well, if I'm lucky, I should be able to continue it during the summer holidays and or mid-year holidays, otherwise I have to *wait* 5 years till I finish my degree and then start playing...unless I decide to do my Masters on it...