Happy New Year!

MrG

Hope you had fun on holiday. While i would love to see a beta released publicly i would be the first to download it but would it not be kind of wrong seeing that may be one of the incentives why some people donate.

Taken from front page

" Everyone who donates ?10 ($20) or more will be sent all new releases before they're available to download on the site."

Obviously no one is going to pay ?10 for a beta of a free program but i just thought i would point it out.

Obviously no one is going to pay ?10 for a beta of a free program but i just thought i would point it out.

25651[/snapback]

Well, I wouldn't say no one would donate. A lot of people donate just because it is a fine program, and don't expect anything in return. That is what donate means. Getting the updated versions a day or two early is simply a perk.

Everyone who donates ?10 ($20) or more will be sent all new releases before they're available to download on the site.

This doesn't say anything about betas. I think this quote means that you receive the full version in advance if you give a $20+ donation. It seems to me that releasing betas to the users would be a great idea, so long as it doesn't slow down the process. Obviously we are all full of ideas on this site, so why not give us a more direct way to share them with the maker of CCleaner?

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Guess the only way to find out is to donate. :D

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

I'm back from my holiday now so I can continue work on the next release. Will keep you posted on the progress. :)

I may start releasing beta versions publicly if people would find it useful.

MrG

25634[/snapback]

That would be very useful; as other bugs could be found and fixed before the public releases. Like that annoying MSN Messenger bug that's been there since October!

• Moderators
I'm back from my holiday now so I can continue work on the next release. Will keep you posted on the progress. :)

I may start releasing beta versions publicly if people would find it useful.

MrG

25634[/snapback]

Welcome back!

About the beta versions, just some suggestions:

* Have the beta installer install to:

"C:\Program Files\CCleaner Beta"

* Have the registry settings stored in:

"HKCU\Software\CCleaner Beta"

"HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\CCleaner Beta"