osx 10.8.6 not recory after clean up.

faceplant

Hi i have a problem with my mac after in stalling ccleaner, I never had problems with my macbookpro (2 years "big thumps up"), after download tha program ccleaner and use it. at first it works great the first of minutes(the fan drops more than 1500 rps from 3200 rpm > -/+ 1700 rps) than i close the the osx 10.6.8 and it will not com up again .. it ends bij the apple logo and a small time strip after this (30sec) ist goes out (power off automaticly). over en over again. does somewne has the same problem. i hope someone knows a solution.

I have used only the standaard preset.

• Moderators

Moved to MAC Board

Sadly we don't have any regular MAC users who come around and can help, The developers do read all threads so they may come by and reply.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 1 month later...

Hi i have a problem with my mac after in stalling ccleaner, I never had problems with my macbookpro (2 years "big thumps up"), after download tha program ccleaner and use it. at first it works great the first of minutes(the fan drops more than 1500 rps from 3200 rpm > -/+ 1700 rps) than i close the the osx 10.6.8 and it will not com up again .. it ends bij the apple logo and a small time strip after this (30sec) ist goes out (power off automaticly). over en over again. does somewne has the same problem. i hope someone knows a solution.

I have used only the standaard preset.

I guess this won't be of much use to you but if your Mac is doing a reset loop then you are going to have to reinstall from scratch. You can't even get to the time machine options? One of the things about Macs is that they can get rid of programmes very easily but they do leave bits behind. I think your only solution may be to contact the Mac Support and see what they suggest. I don't even know if there is a Mac version of 'safe mode' and I've been using Macs for years!