new defraggler feature opinion

Hi everybody!

i registered this forum to share one opinion i have.

I would really like the option "move to the end of the disk" in context menu inside defraggler in file list (I dont see the point of having it in any other place).

What do you all think?

Can this ever see the light?

Thanks.

Moving the location of individual files on the disk only causes extra fragmentation to occur. Seems counter-productive to me.

Then i think that there should be any option not to move them to the beginning of the drive when you do a defrag of checked items that were at the end of it.

• Moderators

moved

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

bump

Thanks Nergal!

I would like this feature because every i defrag a file that was at the end of the drive, it comes back to the beginning of the drive and then i have to defrag everything so it returns to the end.

So could it be added or do you think it is worthless? Why?

• Moderators

Please don't bump topics in that manner. Suggestions are read by the developers and depending on their viablity and community support might be added into the program, however many suggestions go without comments from anybody, that's just the way of computer software forums.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Please don't bump topics in that manner. Suggestions are read by the developers and depending on their viablity and community support might be added into the program, however many suggestions go without comments from anybody, that's just the way of computer software forums.

Sorry. I promise i won't again. My suggestion is made. Please look into it carefully. ;)

Moving the files (as in bunching them all together in one lump) to either the beginning or end of the disk are in my opinion only useful if you're about to partition a hard disk.

Moving files to the beginning is definitely useful so that Windows 7 can shrink itself to make space for a subsequent partition.

I had assumed that all partition managers with any shrink capability would work this way.

Are there any tools that can move the beginning of the partition towards the end ?