Firewall Info Please (Again!)

Ultimate Predator

not sure about that one but ZA is still better.

Its true; http://outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthrea...2855#post112855

"Outpost Free was released before Windows XP and has not been updated for it - there is therefore a possibility that it will cause problems (including blue screen crashes) with Windows XP, especially with Service Pack 2 (disabling SP2's Data Execution Protection may help in some cases)."

Cool, thats weird tho never had any probelm with outpost, must have just been some weird issue or something.

I was thinking of giving ZA Pro a try on my secound computer, is the new version safe to use?

Also do all agree Etrust is the best anti-virus becuas i need a good one for my secound computer as well

• Moderators

As for a firewall I'm now using Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall. I hope it doesn't reveal any annoyances or very obvious bugs, and if it doesn't after I test it during the 30 day trial period I may end up purchasing a license since it only costs $14.95 at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Is that what everyone else thinks too?

Have you tried doing a search within Microsoft's website? There could be some good ones that popup. You definitely do need more than XP's firewall. I'm not in total agreement with the router firewall suggestion. I personally have XP firewall, router firewall, and Norton firewall. The router firewall is expensive, but it's worth it IF you plan on networking at some point.

Good Luck!!

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

Have you tried doing a search within Microsoft's website? There could be some good ones that popup.

MS tells people to get bloated crappy products like Norton.

You definitely do need more than XP's firewall. I'm not in total agreement with the router firewall suggestion.

would you like to say why?

I personally have XP firewall, router firewall, and Norton firewall. The router firewall is expensive, but it's worth it IF you plan on networking at some point.

First off norton is not a good program. Its bloated and hard to get rid of and it dosent even do a good job.(its just not up to par with competiters. But since they just bought sygate it might get better).

As far as cost goes, you can get a router with firewall for around $40 when they run them on sell. That is much cheaper then buying an updated version for norton every year in the long run.

Outpost Pro seriously owns ZoneAlarm Free and Pro combined. ;) Far more features and control over everything. Compenents change you get notification. Takes a bit of time to learn but it's memory usage is light but amazingly powerful, fast and efficient.