Add cleaning profiles

Hello everyone.

I regularly use CCleaner, and I would like to make a suggestion.

When I run CCleaner 1-2 times a week, i generally clean the browser cache, the basic system stuff (recycle bin, temp files etc.). One in a while though, I also tick the more advanced stuff (windows error reporting, custom files and folders etc.).

My suggestion is to create a Profiles listbox or combobox, so that everytime i want to clean "the advanced stuff" i would select my "Advanced profile", which i previously used. That way, I won't have to tick/untick the checkboxes every time, while ensuring i don't tick something wrong.

So the workflow would be this:

- put a Profiles listbox, with a Default Profile (the checkboxes settings already from "factory settings")

- tick/untick the preffered checkboxes

- save the current configuration in a new Profile, which is then added to the Profiles listbox for future use.

What do you think?

• Moderators

hi, until this is implemented you could talk to @Alan_B about the batch files he makes for this purpose.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

hi, until this is implemented you could talk to @Alan_B about the batch files he makes for this purpose.

It's a feature request, that's supposed to make the application easier to use. So using batch files would just make it harder :)

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

+1

I have long wanted this. While batch files will (sort of) work, it does make it harder to setup, as per sdecianu's note above.

If this is implemented, would be great to be able also to set all profiles to use a "Master" profile, that they get their settings from.

(So you won't have to change it each time you switch profiles to clean.)

+1

I have long wanted this. While batch files will (sort of) work, it does make it harder to setup, as per sdecianu's note above.

If this is implemented, would be great to be able also to set all profiles to use a "Master" profile, that they get their settings from.

(So you won't have to change it each time you switch profiles to clean.)

I don't understand what you want to say.

SD, if you don't give CCleaner a master profile that contains the settings exactly like you want them for cleaning all user profiles, it will default to default settings for every user profile.

You will have to checkmark the settings you want for every profile, which will waste tons of time.

I like your suggestion, but I think it would be even better if they add a master user profile template that you can checkmark all the options you wish ccleaner to apply to every user profile it cleans.

This would make it much, much faster!