The specified module could not be found

My first post so I hope I get it right. I looked through the threads and couldn't find anything relating to my specific problem so, here it is;

speccy%20problem%20small.jpg

I get the same message for every module when they're individually selected as well! I have no clue what's happened. I downloaded and installed Speccy again and nothing changed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I've always found Speccy to be a helpful tool.

Thanks,

Richard William Posner

I am running Win7 64 bit with an Intel i5 quad core processor. I get the same message as above ("the specified module could not be found")

I have restarted my computer, run Speccy a number of times and get the same message each time.

I can pull up information by using "properties" for my drives and such so WMI must be running, although after running a search on my computer for "windows management instrumentation" I get "no results found".

Is this a compatability issue with 64 bit machines or a Win7 problem?

I am running the lastest free version (1.16.317) when I attempt to update it just congratulates me for having the latest version. Where do I go from here?

here is the log file

[2012-06-27 00:04:02] [ERROR] The specified module could not be found. NewTreeWmi.cpp(17)

[2012-06-27 00:04:02] [ERROR] Exception catched in file .\NewTreeRootWorker.cpp, function NewTreeRoot::Worker::FillCpuSdkData, line 116

[2012-06-27 00:04:02] [ERROR] The specified module could not be found. NewTreeWmi.cpp(17)

[2012-06-27 00:04:02] [ERROR] Exception catched in file .\NewTreeRootWorker.cpp, function NewTreeRoot::Worker::FillOptical, line 159

[2012-06-27 00:04:02] [ERROR] Exception catched in file .\NewTreeRootWorker.cpp, function NewTreeRoot::Worker::FillAudio, line 215

[2012-06-27 00:04:02] [ERROR] Exception catched in file .\NewTreeRootWorker.cpp, function NewTreeRoot::Worker::FillHd, line 235

[2012-06-27 00:04:02] [ERROR] Exception catched in file .\NewTreeRootWorker.cpp, function NewTreeRoot::Worker::FillNetwork, line 303

[2012-06-27 00:04:02] [ERROR] Exception catched in file .\NewTreeRootWorker.cpp, function NewTreeRoot::Worker::FillOsData, line 199

[2012-06-27 00:04:02] [iNFO ] CPU SDK at: C:\Users\PaulS\AppData\Local\Temp speccycpuid.dll

[2012-06-27 00:04:02] [ERROR] The specified module could not be found. PrintInfo.cpp(132)

[2012-06-27 00:04:02] [ERROR] Exception catched in file .\PrintInfo.cpp, function CPrinterInfo::SetFormats, line 166

[2012-06-27 00:04:02] [ERROR] The specified module could not be found. PrintInfo.cpp(132)

[2012-06-27 00:04:02] [ERROR] Exception catched in file .\PrintInfo.cpp, function CPrinterInfo::SetFormats, line 166

[2012-06-27 00:04:05] [ERROR] The specified module could not be found. NewTreeWmi.cpp(17)

[2012-06-27 00:04:05] [ERROR] Exception catched in file .\NewTreeRootWorker.cpp, function NewTreeRoot::Worker::FillGraphics, line 250

Paul

email link removed by moderator to avoid spamming

I can pull up information by using "properties" for my drives and such so WMI must be running,

I for one believe have made an erroneous deduction.

although after running a search on my computer for "windows management instrumentation" I get "no results found".

It is not a file therefore you cannot search for it.

It is a service and you most open the Services to see it, then you should see what Nodles has shown in the screen shot.

Perhaps this will convince you:

No way !

I only said that being able to view the properties of a drive was NOT conclusive proof that W.M.I. was running.

I remain unconvinced by your evidence.

I was in no way saying that W.M.I. was either running or not running.

You have now shown a screenshot that shows it was running at the time you snapped it.

My 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate has Windows on an automatic start, you have yours on a manual start.

Manual start probably means it only starts when required (everything about Windows is probable).

Perhaps your W.M.I. service was not running until after Speccy tried to access its information,

and by the time it was running and the information was available Speccy had given up waiting.

AlanB,

I have set the WMI to auto and manual, restarted it and restarted my computer and restarted Speccy several times over.

I get the same screen no matter how WMI is configured.

I guess the software needs something I don't have or don't allow on my system but it is not because of the WMI.

What other dependancies does Speccy have?

respectfully,

Paul

Hi Hazelnut,

I haven't tried booting into safe mode but I just tried Speccy mobile after checking to make sure that WMI was still on with the same results with the exception that it took a little longer to get there.

Really though, if I have to boot in safe mode to use this piece of software it really isn't worth having. I can get all the information by plowing through windows and looking at the properties for everything - which is easier than re-booting in safe mode and then back to normal boot to run my software.

I have uninstalled Speccy twice and downloaded it from the two different sites hoping it may have been corrupted but to no avail. I will keep an eye on here to see if there is a solution - other than booting in safe mode to run it.

Thanks for the help thus far,

Paul

• Moderators

I do not mean for you to think that that was how I was suggesting you ran Speccy always (safemode with networking) :)

It was purely one time only just for troubleshooting. When in safe mode only a limited amount of things are allowed to run (mainly Windows stuff) If it worked in safe mode with networking it would mean something was stopping it in real mode.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com