CCleaner Suggestion

JAGO

After Microsoft installs all of the hotfixes and such, the list of 'programs' that you can uninstall grows quite long. Is there a way we can group these? I think it'd be great if I could have Microsoft -> X, Y, Z, etc.

Great program, much more efficient uninstaller than Windows' default.

IPB Image

• 2 weeks later...

Could we at least, in the settings, be able to choose, "Hide Windows Hotfixes and Security Updates"?

I agree. In fact, if CCleaner could organize all of your programs into categories, such as Image Editing, Word Processing, Windows Updates, etc., that would be awesome. It could be similar to Add or Remove Programs, in that, by using a drop-down combo box, you could organize your apps by name, group, date, etc. I think that having this feature would give the user more flexibility, and make CCleaner easier to use at the same time.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Having it categorize stuff into groups would be very difficult to implement since there are million of applications, etc.

But to indent the hotfixes would be good.

It sucks when uninstallers cant uninstall stuff or there are left stuff in Add/remove not possible to remove, then CCleaner is very good.

I dont have any problem with that, but my brother on his computer, installs all kinds of crap, half which fail to uninstall properly.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Having it categorize stuff into groups would be very difficult to implement since there are million of applications, etc.

You do realize that CCleaner already does this with the apps listed under Cleaner > Applications and Cleaner > Windows, don't you? It has categories such as Internet, Multimedia, Utilites, etc. So why would it be so much harder to do the same thing with items under Uninstall?

You could use the same or similar categories as those listed in the apps and Windows lists, and any programs that CCleaner doesn't know about could just be categorized under Other, or Miscellaneous. Doesn't seem so difficult to me.

ding, ding!

Because on the cleaning, it has some predefined entries that why it can sort them by categories. But in the uninstall, it lists everything, and it doesnt know all that stuff what you have on your system, hence its not possible to categorize them all.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

I have to agree with Eldmannen. Moreover I personally wouldn't want the uninstall list in a category for once reason; an alphabetized list is fast an easy to find a software entry in versus trying to find it in a said category.

All of the following quotes by lokoike:

I agree. In fact, if CCleaner could organize all of your programs into categories, such as Image Editing, Word Processing, Windows Updates, etc., that would be awesome. It could be similar to Add or Remove Programs, in that, by using a drop-down combo box, you could organize your apps by name, group, date, etc. I think that having this feature would give the user more flexibility, and make CCleaner easier to use at the same time.

You do realize that CCleaner already does this with the apps listed under Cleaner > Applications and Cleaner > Windows, don't you? It has categories such as Internet, Multimedia, Utilites, etc. So why would it be so much harder to do the same thing with items under Uninstall?

You could use the same or similar categories as those listed in the apps and Windows lists, and any programs that CCleaner doesn't know about could just be categorized under Other, or Miscellaneous. Doesn't seem so difficult to me.

I think you guys misread both of my posts. In the first post, I addressed Andavari's concern, because you could organize your apps in more than one way (such as name, group, date, etc.). So yes, Andavari, you can still arrange them by name.

And in the second post, I addressed Eldmannen's concern, because any programs not listed in CCleaner's database could be filed under Other or Miscellaneous. So yes, Eldmannen, all apps can still be listed and organized accordingly.

So ultimately, by letting you organize your Uninstall list, you get more ease and functionality, not less.

ding, ding!