can not delete Hidden and System files & folders

jopa

I am using the newest version of CCleaner,3.19.1721,

the function of "Inclule"(select additional files and folders to remove), it can not delete Hidden files and folder, also System attribute files and folders,

I think this is important and improve the function, maybe use the hard file shredder technology will be good.

Files are hidden for user safety so that they are not accidentally deleted.

It would be wrong for CCleaner to provide direct access for removal of what you cannot delete via Windows Explorer.

• 3 weeks later...

Files are hidden for user safety so that they are not accidentally deleted.

It would be wrong for CCleaner to provide direct access for removal of what you cannot delete via Windows Explorer.

Alan, I can appreciate CCleaner saving me from myself when there's a good chance I'm about to do something stupid, but... I should point out that for an administrator who's chosen to vew hidden and system files, Windows Explorer will happily allow me to send read-only, hidden, and even system files to the recycle bin via the delete key or by the Delete option if you right click. For hidden files, it does the delete with no questions asked. For RO and Hidden files/folder, it simply asks for confirmation first. There's only so much you can do to save me from myself.... With the execption of the recycle bin where whatever's there has already been 'confirmed' if needed and should be fair game, perhaps an "Are you sure?", at least for system files, might be a nice touch....