Installing an SSD drive

hazelnut

Fair enough. It's basically just a little brick though. :)

@nodles: I considered just leaving it lying in there, since there are no moving parts so it need not be secure. but as I was moving out of my dorm later in the month, I decided to secure it in so it didn't destroy the other components in my case on the way home.

Be sure to Disable CCleaner Wipe Free Space (default), and use Normal file delete, as it ruined my C300 SSD (twice!)!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other Thoughts for you guys thinking about SSD's...!?-

I've given up hassling/babying SSD drives for Normal computing with lots of I/O ...

I have big folders on my desktop, and my SSD became slower & slower (had to disable indexing (with all the rewrites), and System Restore too!)...

CCleaner seemed to corrupt my old i7-2600 (with on-board video), and it didn't like System Restores...

If you download movies (i.e. Netflix...), be sure you save them to a normal slave HD!

SSD's reminded me of a Mackintosh computer, where you just leave it do it's thing...

?- Maybe the Newer SSD's work better, than my older Crucial C300?

~~

I've since upgraded to a Western Digital Raptor sata6 (32mb cache)/ 10k rpm, i5-2500 CPU, MSI 1gig video card, and Love it!

I also like messing with Defraggler/CCleaner..., get fast 30sec reboots, blazing internet..., and enjoy seeing the fruits of my labors!

Win 7 (x86), ESET Smart Security v8, Zemana Anti-Logger free and no other active anti-malware.
Free on-demand- Old/fast MBAM v1.75 (No Pro/Context!), MBAM Anti-Rootkit BETA, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, herdProtect.
i5-2500 CPU @ 3.67GHz, WD VelociRaptor sata6 10k rpm/64mb Cache HD (WOW!).

• Moderators

Be sure to Disable CCleaner Wipe Free Space (default), and use Normal file delete, as it ruined my C300 SSD (twice!)!

What? You're saying Wipe Free Space is enabled by default? I thought it had to be user enabled. Been a very long time since I actually installed CCleaner though since I use the portable build.