Arrange songs by track number in burrn

englishmen

• Moderators

I think you have to add all the tracks at once from an album, however I could be wrong. You may also have to have your tracks alphanumerically named (with leading zero), e.g.:

Like this:

Dimmu Borgir - 01 - Allegiance.wv

Dimmu Borgir - 02 - Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse.wv

Dimmu Borgir - 03 - Lepers Among Us.wv

Dimmu Borgir - 04 - Vredesbyrd.wv

Dimmu Borgir - 05 - For The World To Dictate Our Death.wv

Dimmu Borgir - 06 - Blood Hunger Doctrine.wv

Dimmu Borgir - 07 - Allehelgens Dod I Helveds Rike.wv

Dimmu Borgir - 08 - Cataclysm Children.wv

Dimmu Borgir - 09 - Eradication Instincts Defined.wv

Dimmu Borgir - 10 - Unorthodox Manifesto.wv

Dimmu Borgir - 11 - Heavenly Perverse.wv

Or like this:

01 - Allegiance.wv

02 - Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse.wv

03 - Lepers Among Us.wv

04 - Vredesbyrd.wv

05 - For The World To Dictate Our Death.wv

06 - Blood Hunger Doctrine.wv

07 - Allehelgens Dod I Helveds Rike.wv

08 - Cataclysm Children.wv

09 - Eradication Instincts Defined.wv

10 - Unorthodox Manifesto.wv

11 - Heavenly Perverse.wv

Not like this, there isn't any software I know of that can sort this:

Dimmu Borgir - Allegiance.wv

Dimmu Borgir - Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse.wv

Dimmu Borgir - Lepers Among Us.wv

Dimmu Borgir - Vredesbyrd.wv

Dimmu Borgir - For The World To Dictate Our Death.wv

Dimmu Borgir - Blood Hunger Doctrine.wv

Dimmu Borgir - Allehelgens Dod I Helveds Rike.wv

Dimmu Borgir - Cataclysm Children.wv

Dimmu Borgir - Eradication Instincts Defined.wv

Dimmu Borgir - Unorthodox Manifesto.wv

Dimmu Borgir - Heavenly Perverse.wv

If you need a freeware software that can quickly rename your files from the tag's stored in them give Tag Frontend a try. Make sure you click/enable 'Test mode' until you know exactly what you want!

tf.png

-----

Edit: Fixed typo's.

Edited by Andavari

• Moderators
How come burrrn does not read the track number from the properties?

25371[/snapback]

Don't know, however it would be a good feature to have, or at the least a button to click that would order the files accordingly from what the track number is that's stored in the tag's, however it could also be said that you should be using at least the track number in the filename but that doesn't matter it's your individual choice. I suppose you could email the author (click the About button in Burrrn for the contact address) of the program and suggest such a feature.

I just got a new Hd so i think ill rip all my albums again in a better bitrate then 96kb wma, i think im going to go for 192kb mp3 this way all my tags including the file name will be redone as well. I can then use burrrn with no problems.

I just used CDex to rip a album it seemed a bit slow is it me or is it slow?

• Moderators

CDex isn't all that slow to me because I typically use EAC in Secure Mode which is always slower than CDex because my drive's cache audio.

If you're going to use CDex it's best to enable in the CD Drive configuration the following to enable "more secure" ripping and better error correction: Ripping Method: Paranoia, Full. Note: If your CD/DVD drive caches audio CDex is completely useless for secure audio ripping, you'd instead need to use EAC and have it properly configured to disable your CD/DVD drive caching feature.

Also you "may" want to get some real quality from your mp3's, if you're using the LAME DLL (lame_enc.dll) choose a high quality setting in your cd ripping program such as "--alt-preset standard" or "--preset standard" the resulting files will be close to 192kbps however they'll instead be VBR and yield much better quality. If you're using the new LAME.exe v3.97 beta 2 try "-V 2" which equals the old "--alt-preset standard" or "--preset standard". If you need info on what LAME setting to use read this.

So my problems mount up i just tried to burn a disc via burrrn and i get the below message, any clues why?

Initializing SPTI ... OK!

?: Invalid argument. : scsi sendcmd: fatal error

CDB: 12 00 00 00 2C 00

cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 20s

ERROR:

ERROR: Inquiry command failed on 'SPTILOCK:1,0,0'.

SPTILOCK:1,0,0: Rev:

?: Invalid argument. : scsi sendcmd: fatal error

CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00

ERROR: Cannot setup device SPTILOCK:1,0,0.

• Moderators
I just used EAC to rip a disc to mp3 by clicking the below button and it ripped them to wave instead of mp3, any suggestions why?

25488[/snapback]

You need to install an mp3 codec such as lame_enc.dll, I'd recommend you to use LAME 3.97 beta 2 which you can download from here. Just unzip lame_enc.dll into the folder containing eac.exe.

Configure lame_enc.dll by pressing F11 in EAC (or click EAC > Compression Options).

For very high quality mp3's I'd recommend that you choose "Preset: Standard" or "Preset: Fast Standard"

For slightly "better quality" which may be considered overkill you could choose "Preset: Extreme" or "Preset: Fast Extreme"

Screenshot (configuring lame_enc.dll):

lame_dll_config.png

So my problems mount up i just tried to burn a disc via burrrn and i get the below message, any clues why?

Initializing SPTI ... OK!

?: Invalid argument.  : scsi sendcmd: fatal error

CDB:  12 00 00 00 2C 00

ERROR:

ERROR: Inquiry command failed on 'SPTILOCK:1,0,0'.

SPTILOCK:1,0,0:          Rev:

?: Invalid argument.  : scsi sendcmd: fatal error

CDB:  00 00 00 00 00 00

ERROR: Cannot setup device SPTILOCK:1,0,0.

25499[/snapback]

Download Nero wnaspi32.dll and place it in the folder with Burrrn.exe. Rather this works or not I don't know, however it's the aspi driver I use with EAC.

• Moderators

I think you should check out cheetah audio converter and burnatonce. Cheetah is faster than anything I have ever seen.(I managed to convert about 9 gigs of mp3s to WMA in about 1-2 hours.

cheetah

http://www.cnet.com.au/downloads/info.htm?swid=10418415

burnatonce

http://www.burnatonce.com/index.htm?news

Note that I dont fully understand all the stuff andavari is telling you to do but it seems your not trying to go the super advanced route. I have been trying to get high quality recordings on my pc but I will still have to do a bit more reading.

I did as you said with EAC but i get the below error and cant access the section of compression option's that you specified.

untitled8ss.th.jpg

I also download the nero wnaspi32 file and still get the same error in burrrn.

I,ll try cheetah but what i don't get is that why so many open source & free audio app's don't support wma, any ideas?

• Moderators

If you need help configuring encoders in EAC look at this guide.

Make sure you are using EAC in "Secure Mode" part 1:

1. Run EAC.

2. Insert an audio CD into each of your CD/DVD drives.

3. Click 'EAC > Configuration Wizard'.

4. Click Next.

5. Make sure all CD/DVD drives have a check mark in them.

6. Click Next.

7. For the first drive select: 'I prefer to have accurate results'

8. Click Next.

9. Select: 'I don't trust these values, detect the features of my drive'

10. Click Next for the first drive that will be tested, click Next once it is finished.

11. For the second drive select: 'I prefer to have accurate results'

12. Click Next.

13. Select: 'I don't trust these values, detect the features of my drive'

14. Click Next for the second drive that will be tested, click Next once it is finished.

15. Click Next on the Congratulations screen.

16. If you've installed LAME.EXE click next, otherwise untick the box and then click Next.

17. Enter your email address or leave the area blank. Note: An email address valid or invalid is needed to use FreeDB and online CD database.

18. Select: 'I am an expert, let me use the full potential of EAC'

19. Click Finish.

Make sure you are using EAC in "Secure Mode" part 2:

1. In the CD drive selection under the toolbar (top left) select your first CD drive.

2. Click 'EAC > Drive Options' (or press F10 on the keyboard).

3. Click the 'Extraction Method' tab.

4. Untick 'Drive is capable of retrieving C2 error information'

5. Click Ok to save the settings.

6. In the CD drive selection under the toolbar (top left) select your second CD drive.

7. Click 'EAC > Drive Options' (or press F10 on the keyboard).

8. Click the 'Extraction Method' tab.

9. Untick 'Drive is capable of retrieving C2 error information'

10. Click Ok to save the settings.

11. Click 'EAC > Options' (or press F9 on the keyboard)

12. Click the 'Extraction' tab.

13. Under 'Error recovery quality' select: High

14. Click the 'Tools' tab:

15. Tick 'On extraction, start external compressors queued in the background'

Tick and select a value of 'Use 1 simultaneous external compressor thread(s)'

Tick 'Do not open external compressor window'

16. Click OK to save the settings.

Saving your EAC configuration (important so you don't have to do it all over again):

1. Click EAC > Profiles > Save Profile (or press Shift+F2 on the keyboard).

2. Save "EACProfile.cfg" in the folder containing EAC.exe

3. Close EAC to make sure the current settings are stored in the registry.

4. Launch EAC.

5. Load your configuration by clicking EAC > Profiles > Load Profile (or press Shift+F1 on the keyboard) select "EACProfile.cfg"

6. Zip "EACProfile.cfg" into the same downloaded .zip file that contains EAC, or place it into the same folder with the downloaded .exe setup file, that way you'll always have a backup copy of your configuration.

Now EAC is configured, and will automatically use your profile each time you launch EAC.

If you need any help with EAC just PM me, I'll be glad to help.

Edit 1: Forgot to mention how to backup your EAC CD Database.

How to backup your EAC CD Database:

Save all *.dat files.

------

Edit: I made a typo I changed

"11. Click 'EAC > Options' (or press F1 on the keyboard)" to

"11. Click 'EAC > Options' (or press F9 on the keyboard)"

Edited by Andavari

• Moderators
I did as you said with EAC but i get the below error and cant access the section of compression option's that you specified.

25527[/snapback]

Move LAME.EXE into the folder with EAC.exe.

Configuring LAME.EXE with EAC:

1. Run EAC.

2. Click 'EAC > Compression Options'

3. Click the 'External Compression' tab

4. Select 'Use external program for compression'

Passing parameter scheme: 'User Defined Encoder'

Use file extension: .mp3

Program including path used for compression: lame.exe

Additional command line options ("for Preset: Standard use"): -V 2 %s %d

Additional command line options ("for Preset: Fast Standard use"): -V 2 --vbr-new %s %d

Note: It's much easier to just use the lame_enc.dll, the files should be identical, however with LAME.exe you can use the full power of LAME and any parameters you wish.

Thanks for the info and help on this matter Andavari, i think i will stick with CDex on the cd ripping side of things because while EAC ia great app it seems a bit advanced for my needs.

By the way is CDex still in development?

• Moderators
Thanks for the info and help on this matter Andavari, i think i will stick with CDex on the cd ripping side of things because while EAC ia great app it seems a bit advanced for my needs.

By the way is CDex still in development?

25776[/snapback]

Well if you look at guides online EAC isn't all that hard to configure and once configured you shouldn't have to ever change your settings unless of course a new EAC version can't use a previous versions configuration - I think this has only happened once or maybe twice in the past few years.

I have no ideal what's going on with CDex development, it's been over two years since 1.51 was released however it's at least stable. The homepage has been unreachable for several weeks or months - an explaination can be read here.

CDex can still be downloaded from it's SourceForge.net Project Page. Some of the .dll files that CDex uses can be quickly and easily updated to "refresh" it without there being a new version. You can update the Ogg Vorbis DLL Encoder and LAME MP3 DLL Encoder with newer versions. You can even update the Winamp input plugins it uses or add more in "...\CDex\Plugins" by downloading them, or by installing the newest Winamp 5 and then copying them.

Andavari what file needs to be copied to the EAC installation folder LAME.EXE or lame_enc.dll?

On the link you posted(to the guide) the author of the guide posts some Additional command line options

-V2 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --tt "%t" --ta "%a" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" --tg "%m" %s %d

-V3 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --tt "%t" --ta "%a" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" --tg "%m" %s %d

-V4 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --tt "%t" --ta "%a" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" --tg "%m" %s %d

-V5 --athaa-sensitivity 1 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --tt "%t" --ta "%a" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" --tg "%m" %s %d

he also states

"-V2 ends up at around 190kbps on average

-V3 ends up at around 175kbps on average

-V4 ends up at around 160kbps on average

-V5 --athaa-sensitivity 1 ends up at around 135kbps on average"

Does this mean my audio wont end up being 192kbs as i have selected in "Bit Rate:". Again thanks for all the help :) .

Oh year as you more the likely have guessed i am giving EAC another chance.

Edit: I noticed EAC burns audio cd's, anyone had good or bad experience with it or is burrrn beta?

• Moderators
Andavari what file needs to be copied to the EAC installation folder LAME.EXE or lame_enc.dll?

You can use either one. Or if you like you can put both of them in the EAC folder, you'd of course have to select which one you want to use in EAC.

I personally just use the .dll myself since there's no need to mess around with parameters.

Note: Many people use the .exe because it can write ID tags into the files, input replaygain tag's, and to have more/full control over the parameters used or to modify them to their own needs.

On the link you posted(to the guide) the author of the guide posts some Additional command line options

-V2 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --tt "%t" --ta "%a" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" --tg "%m" %s %d

-V3 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --tt "%t" --ta "%a" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" --tg "%m" %s %d

-V4 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --tt "%t" --ta "%a" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" --tg "%m" %s %d

-V5 --athaa-sensitivity 1 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --tt "%t" --ta "%a" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" --tg "%m" %s %d

Additional command line options are their to encode at a particular quality, and to automatically input compliant ID tag's using LAME.exe.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering this accurately/correctly or not, therefore I quote it: "EAC shouldn't be used to input ID3v2 tags, instead setup LAME.exe to input the tags via the LAME.exe parameter used"

I've personally never let EAC input any tags, I use Tag Frontend for all tagging.

he also states

-V2 ends up at around 190kbps on average

-V3 ends up at around 175kbps on average

-V4 ends up at around 160kbps on average

-V5 --athaa-sensitivity 1 ends up at around 135kbps on average"

That just shows the resulting average VBR bitrate. However depending upon what type of music you listen to the bitrate can easily bloat significantly, metal music usually makes the resulting average bitrate allot higher, I'm typically use to having 215 kbps or higher. Note: The encoder is smart enough to allow for a lower or higher average bitrate depending upon the source material, hence the reason to use the recommended VBR settings.

Does this mean my audio wont end up being 192kbs as i have selected in "Bit Rate:". Again thanks for all the help  :) .

No you're files won't be what you've selected in EAC's clickable options, therefore they won't be 192 kbps. They will instead be what's been inputted into the parameter listed after LAME.exe, the parameter listed after LAME.exe is what the resulting encoded files will be. If you want 192kbps CBR files and not the recommended VBR files you'd use something like this (modify it to suit your needs):

lame.exe -b 192 %s %d

Edit: I noticed EAC burns audio cd's, anyone had good or bad experience with it or is burrrn beta?

EAC can burn audio CD's however it doesn't necessary support all writer drives. I've personally never used it. If you do decide to use it for burning audio CD's make sure you use a CD-RW for the testing purposes with your writer drive. Test it by opening "Tools > Write CD-R" then use the options "Create Offset Test CD" and "Detect Write Features" to make sure there's no problems.

By the way if you do want to burn audio CD's with EAC you need to download the EAC installation with CDRDAO included, I suppose this fixes the previous problems with EAC not supporting some writer drives. I however think Burrrn is the quickest and simplest approach to burning audio CD's.

------

If you're going to use LAME.exe I suggest you 'print->save to .txt' file the LAME.exe documentation/help files here's how:

1. Open Notepad

2. Input the following:

lame --help > "LAME Help.txt"

lame --longhelp > "LAME Long Help.txt"

lame --preset help > "LAME Preset Help.txt"

exit

3. Save as a batch file in the folder with LAME.exe, a good name would be:

Create LAME Help Files.bat

4. Run the batch file.

5. Now all or most of LAME's documentation will be available in the created .txt files for you to study.

No you're files won't be what you've selected in EAC's clickable options, therefore they won't be 192 kbps. They will instead be what's been inputted into the parameter listed after LAME.exe, the parameter listed after LAME.exe is what the resulting encoded files will be. If you want 192kbps CBR files and not the recommended VBR files you'd use something like this (modify it to suit your needs):

lame.exe -b 192 %s %d

Thanks for the parameters Andavari if i delete what is currently in the "Additional command line parameters" box what happens? Or should i just use the parameters you supplied. Does using the parameters you supplied ensure my audio files will be 192kb?

Additional command line options are their to encode at a particular quality, and to automatically input compliant ID tag's using LAME.exe.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering this accurately/correctly or not, therefore I quote it: "EAC shouldn't be used to input ID3v2 tags, instead setup LAME.exe to input the tags via the LAME.exe parameter used"

I've personally never let EAC input any tags, I use Tag Frontend for all tagging.

It may well be me being dumb but you don't let EAC tag your audio files when you rip them i.e. via freedb? Or are we talking about something completely different?

A friend just installed burnatonce and got eh below error, any clues why, thanks.

Run-time error '91';

object variable or with block variable not set

I tried to become a member of the burnatonce forums to ask about the problem but where i need to type in the unique security code or that shows up is "Code Bit Code Bit Code Bit Code Bit Code Bit Code Bit".

• Moderators
Thanks for the parameters Andavari if i delete what is currently in the "Additional command line parameters" box what happens? Or should i just use the parameters you supplied. Does using the parameters you supplied ensure my audio files will be 192kb?

25930[/snapback]

For the past two or so years I haven't seen anyone including myself that trusts the LAME.exe parameter that is automatically inputted by the EAC Configuration Wizard, hence the reason most people make sure their encoded files are exactly what they want by inputting the actual LAME.exe parameter they want to use.

It may well be me being dumb but you don't let EAC tag your audio files when you rip them i.e. via freedb? Or are we talking about something completely different?

25930[/snapback]

There was dicussion about EAC messing up the tag's or something along those lines, I don't completely remember the actual statement/wording, etc., but it was enough for me to never use EAC's tagging. Essentially letting EAC tag the files isn't even necessary since LAME.exe itself can tag the files. Just use the link to that guide to setup LAME.exe for tagging - you'd of course have to modify the parameter to include tagging.

---------

Example (the changes are in red color)

Change the recommended VBR encoding of:

to this for 192kbps CBR encoding:

-b 192 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --tt "%t" --ta "%a" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" --tg "%m" %s %d

Edit:

It should look like this when configured:

eaclameexeconfig4sh.th.png

Hey Englishmen,

If you are attempting to rip tracks from Audio CD's try using

Audiograbber http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

Very simple to set up and it will do what you are asking software to do.

Not necessarily as a converter, but as an application that will rip in the desired format to begin with.

The site listed above not only offers the software free, but also includes terrific guides.

The help files within the program are super.

I have been using this program for over two years and have not experienced any problems with either the software or the tracks that it creates.

Give it a try....you'll be impressed.