Create a iso from data

englishmen

The only free burner that i like and are more then confident in using is ImgBurn formally DVD Decrypter but now without the decrypting. So i want a way to create iso's of my data of which i can then burn with that. I found GhostBurn (3rd one down) which can burn but im not going to use it to do that, as i said i want to create a iso of my data which it does do. Also folder2iso which is more like it because it does nothing else except create a iso out of files, it also requires no installation which is always a good thing.

I have used both programs and both seem to do the job, but has anyone else used either if so have you encountered any problems? Or do you know another free app which can create iso's from data? cheers.

• Moderators

burnatonce can do all of that and it can also later burn the .ISO it created since it is after all a full featured program.

Here's how:

1. Run burnatonce

2. Click Mastering -> Data CD...

3. Either click Add Files, or Add Folders, or optionally just Drag N' Drop whatever you wish to be in the .ISO onto the Data CD Mastering window

4. Click Image File so the small box is selected, this tells burnatonce to create an .ISO image files instead of a disc (see screenshot)

5. Click Compile, and then select a title if you wish to in Volume Label:, then click OK.

6. Now save the .ISO image file to a location of your choice, such as the Desktop, etc., and burnatonce will create the .ISO for you

Here's how to burn the .ISO (or any .ISO) with burnatonce:

1. Run burnatonce, if burnatonce is set to open when you click an .ISO you won't have to manually do this!

2. Click File -> Load New Image... and of course select the .ISO file you created, if burnatonce is set to open when you click an .ISO you won't have to manually do this!

3. Click Write, and you're done

• Moderators
burnatonce can do all of that and it can also later burn the .ISO it created since it is after all a full featured program.

Here's how:

1. Run burnatonce

3. Either click Add Files, or Add Folders, or optionally just Drag N' Drop whatever you wish to be in the .ISO onto the Data CD Mastering window

4. Click Image File so the small box is selected, this tells burnatonce to create an .ISO image files instead of a disc

5. Click Compile, and then select a title if you wish to in Volume Label:, then click OK.

6. Now save the .ISO image file to a location of your choice, such as the Desktop, etc., and burnatonce will create the .ISO for you

1. Run burnatonce, if burnatonce is set to open when you click an .ISO you won't have to manually do this!

2. Click File -> Load New Image... and of course select the .ISO file you created, if burnatonce is set to open when you click an .ISO you won't have to manually do this!

25295[/snapback]

Thank you for that information Andavari, you explained it in easy to follow steps.

I like burnatonce and this is good info to know. :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
Thank you for that information Andavari, you explained it in easy to follow steps.

I like burnatonce and this is good info to know. :)

25308[/snapback]

You're welcome! :)

Not everyone knows some of the in's and out's of burnatonce, however once someone get's use to its functionality it can easily make commercial pay-for-it cd/dvd burning applications seem bland and not worth the money spent on them. Also some of the backend programs in 'burnatonce\external' can be updated with more current versions (just leave cdrdao.exe as-is hence it has special extensions for usage with burnatonce.)

I only wish Jamie would at the least release a new version that had verification of the written discs, as that's the only feature I think is a necessity, and is the only reason why I still use Sonic RecordNow for critical backups.

Here's how:

1. Run burnatonce

4. Click Image File so the small box is selected, this tells burnatonce to create an .ISO image files instead of a disc

25295[/snapback]

Thanks for the effort Andavari but i did exactly what you recommended last week when i first started trying to find a iso creator. I do like burnatonce but as i said the only free burner i have 100% confidence in is imgburn and while the first version was only released on the 4th October with a update on the 2nd December and a new version coming soon. It is basically the brilliant DVD Decrypter burning engine repackaged with a load of improvements and new features. There was only 2 things that i thought could be better with imgburn so i posted my suggestions on the forum and LIGHTNING UK!(the developer) stated that both are already finished and should be release with the next version so for me its perfect.

So i really only want a iso creator i was going to use burnatonce for that but then i found the 2 mentioned above. Fodler2iso is also still being developed where as burnatonce latest version was released 17/Apr/2004 at 16:58:32 if memory serves me correctly :lol: . The other reason i did not want to use burnatonce is that while it has a load of nice features if im only going to use the iso creation bit of the program however small the installation is it seems a bit of a waste.

• Moderators
i looked but cant seem to find where to type the key when i have to enter a new one?

25923[/snapback]

I've never used the ProDVD add-on because it doesn't fully support DVD+R/DVD+RW which is the only kind of DVD's my drive can write.

rridgely installed the ProDVD add-on, therefore you may want to ask him how the license key is to be inputted.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never used the ProDVD add-on because it doesn't fully support DVD+R/DVD+RW which is the only kind of DVD's my drive can write.

rridgely installed the ProDVD add-on, therefore you may want to ask him how the license key is to be inputted.

Anybody ever tried ISO Recorder It does CD or DVD ISO's from disk and files. Freeware

Another free program to go along with it is Windows XP Vitural CD Drive you can mount a vitural drive and then the iso image and run the software game or install programs without having to put a disc in your computer. Especially handy for installing mutiple CD programs and alot faster than the original CD drive.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xpvirtualcd.html

• Moderators

Another free program to go along with it is Windows XP Vitural CD Drive you can mount a vitural drive and then the iso image and run the software game or install programs without having to put a disc in your computer. Especially handy for installing mutiple CD programs and alot faster than the original CD drive.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xpvirtualcd.html

I'll give it a try later on by removing some of my bloated apps ("Office 2003, etc.,) and setting them up as a virtual cd.

Free and works great!

BurnCDCC™

This utility is used to burn an ISO file to a CD/DVD disc. Many new systems come with a limited CD/DVD software package which lacks the ability to burn .ISO files.

Version 1.05a Released 1/06/2005

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/utilities.html

..........and Make yourself a Great Day! Cheers, Lyle

Keep your software up to date

http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Yeah but that Magic ISO isn't freeware, and honestly just like anti-virus and anti-spyware software one doesn't need to buy this stuff anymore with good freeware alternatives widely available. The first few lines of this rather old thread state "The only free burner."

ImgBurn seems allot more polished now, and it doesn't have to go the route of .ISO->CD as one can just drag n' drop files onto it's window to go directly from Files->CD and it's completely free.

i want a way to create iso's of my data of which i can then burn with that.

Just one question. Why do you want to create an iso image of your data rather than simply copying all the files to a DVD or CD as a UDF data disk?

The payware programs allow for that so there must be a freeware program that does it.

• Moderators

Using an .ISO will allow for making two identical copies, all without forgetting to for instance add a folder when making more than one backup. It's really useful for making a horde of identical copies. It's also the only way to backup some discs, for instance my old Descent PC games come to mind.

Also using an image file such as .ISO or whatever a CD burning app uses proprietary or not will supposedly decrease the chances of a buffer underrun, well the decreased chances of buffer underuns is according to the little tips in Ashampoo Burning Studio 2007.

Using an .ISO will allow for making two identical copies, all without forgetting to for instance add a folder when making more than one backup. It's really useful for making a horde of identical copies. It's also the only way to backup some discs, for instance my old Descent PC games come to mind.

Also using an image file such as .ISO or whatever a CD burning app uses proprietary or not will supposedly decrease the chances of a buffer underrun, well the decreased chances of buffer underuns is according to the little tips in Ashampoo Burning Studio 2007.

I can understand if it's the only way to make a disk backup (although many programs have a simple diskcopy selection), or if you need it for compression purposes.

If you're creating an ISO image file, that usually means that it's the same set of files and directories you want to copy and burn over and over again.

Wouldn't it be the same thing to just copy all those files to one directory and copy said directory to a data DVD or data CD without creating the image files? In this way, you can take that disk and have any computer read it without having to burn it again or use an unzipping program.

Another possibility, assuming you'll need these files in the future, is to save the folder (with the prices for 200 gig hd's being what they are, it's very cost efficient) and change the security permission so it can't be deleted.

I can't recall ever having the need to create an ISO image for the purpose expressed here. The only image file I create is using Norton Ghost or Acronis to back up drive partitions.

• Moderators
Does any one know how to create an iso file from a DATA DISC? That means i want to create a iso image from the disc. Any ideas/programs?

Instructions on how to do it with Burnatonce are located here

Other software such as ImgBurn, etc., will most likely have it detailed in an FAQ document or included help file and with any CD burning program I would suspect it to be pretty much straight forward and relatively easy to accomplish.

Edit:

My bad. To create an .ISO from a CD using Burnatonce you do the following:

1. Run Burnatonce.

2. Click Settings->Device Settings, then choose the Read Settings i.e., the drive used to copy the disc.

3. Insert the disc you wish to copy.

4. Click Read/Copy, then click Image, click OK on the next dialog.

5. Now change the image type to .ISO from the drop down box, type in the name of the .ISO image, then choose where to save it.

Here's how:

1. Run burnatonce

I've only used UltraISO and I've never had a problem with it, but tomorrow I have to create another Windows Installation CD so I'll give burnatonce a shot and see how it works. Thanks for the reference! :)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators
I've only used UltraISO and I've never had a problem with it, but tomorrow I have to create another Windows Installation CD so I'll give burnatonce a shot and see how it works. Thanks for the reference! :)

I prefer burnatonce ("bao") for making CD-R, CD-RW ISO image files because I've noticed some CD burning apps create a UDF filesystem which really is only to be used with DVDs. burnatonce doesn't do that automatically unless it's user-selected, and in my opinion has better options that can be enabled or disabled whereas some commercial CD burning apps have no advanced settings whatsoever to control the ISO image filesystem. Just my 2 cents.