Nice to have.........in future versions?

chrisw

1. Next to the temp reading, it would be useful to have the max allowable. One temp reading in the present version has this, but not the others. Could an alarm go off if something gets too hot?

2. I'd like something to indicate (besides temp) that all the fans are working OK.

thnx

• Moderators

All of that, I believe, relies on the BIOS reporting this information, if thew bios doesn't report it will not be shown.

That said, the developers read all threads and often include suggested features if possible

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Hi Chrisw and Nergal,

Just thought I would pop in for a minute; haven't been on for a while. I had my former CPU get fried as a fan went out before I downloaded Speccy and Defraggler, best thing I ever did. I keep them both minimized on my workbar. I monitor the CPU, Hard Drive and Motherboard using the temp ranges which I have posted right in front of me. By having both I can toggle back and forth and can monitor the Hard Drive temp through two entities. I understand there is a failsafe feature incorporated but I would like to know ahead of time. That alarm feature would be a great idea. You folks have a good evening.

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. (Emily Dickinson-1830-1886)

• 4 weeks later...

So far so good for Speccy. It works great! However, if you could get it to evade the UAC warning dialog like Ccleaner and minimize to the sistem tray then I can put in Start-up folder. Also would be neat to send in data report like CPU-Z to website database. Dont know what it would be good for, but would be neat! Thanks for great products :)

• Moderators

can already upload speccy data to piriform's website which then allows you to share it. as far as UAC bypass I don't see how that would be possible as speccy accesses WMI data which I believe needs elevated privilages

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

MAC address for the system.

If it is there I have not found it and it should be easier to locate.

If it is not there I consider it an important piece of information.

I find the MAC address is the best single identidifier for a system.

It is normally built into the motherborad integrated NIC and can't easily be changed.

(Yes I have seen in a few where the MAC can be spoofed to something that is not the original)

If possible could the MAC be added to information collected in the network data.

Thanks.