Speccy reporting wrong system temperature Asus P8P67 i2500k

Crewe32

• 2 months later...

I am having a similar problem. Speccy reports rational temps for my CPU (49 C), mobo (40 C) and graphics card (41 C) but reports my hard drive at a smoking 253 C.

I am fairly confident this is an inaccurate reading.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been a problem (& reported to Piriform) since at least Feb 2012. I was disappointed that this hasn't been fixed in the current release which is reporting the motherboard temp as the AMD processor's temp.

The speccy reported processor temp is about 15 degrees lower than the Asus utility shows. The MB temp doesn't appear to be captured by speccy & maybe this is a good thing to avoid worries about imminent combustion!

On another PC with an intel i3 processor and a Gigabyte MB the reported temps look ok.

This is buggy software but it's free so what's the point in complaining but beware if you have an Asus MB or an AMD CPU or, gosh gasp, both! :)

Speccy:-

AMD Phenom II X6 1040T 18 °C

Thuban 45nm Technology

Motherboard

ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A88T-M (AM3) 33 °C

Asus Utility:-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi. Similar problem. ASUSTek P8P67 LE(LGA1155) Motherboard 91degC. CPU Intelcore i7-2600 18degC. , graphics 33degC. and hard drive 22degC. Read on another site, that someone had gone into BIOS and found that the motherboard was listed as degrees Fahrenheit but the others were in degrees Celcius. 91deg F would be 32.7degC. which would be a relief. Has anyone else checked BIOS? Will look at kroozer's OpenHardwareMonitor. Thank you.