An easy choice of targets to purge via desktop shortcut arguments.

Alan_B

CCleaner can be launched with various arguments such as /AUTO

Please permit an argument that determines an alternative version of CCleaner.INI.

Example :-

Firstly "Save settings to INI" (assuming CCleaner is installed and not portable)

Copy CCleaner.INI as CCLEANER.BAK

Add to INCLUDES any "ZAP" folders with contents to be deleted, and uncheck any targets to be skipped.

Rename CCleaner.ini as something else such as ZAP.INI

Rename CCLEANER.BAK as CCleaner.INI

If required then cancel "Save settings to INI".

Useage -

A normal shortcut of "...\ CCleaner.exe" will launch the normal cleaning operation.

A special shortcut such as "...\ CCleaner.exe ZAP.INI" will use ZAP.INI to do special ZAP cleaning,

and do so regardless of any current "Save settings to INI"

This would allow use of different desktop shortcuts with different *.INI arguments to perform different degrees of cleaning.

I am doing this sort of thing with "...\CLEAN.BAT ZAP.INI"

Where CLEAN.BAT will temporarily replace CCleaner.ini with any *.INI argument that is supplied,

but not everyone is comfortable with BAT scripts.

Alan, I was going to reply to you earlier, but I happenced to attempt the reply during the switch over to a "newer, faster, better" forum, so I received the err that the forum was in the process of upgrading & was unable to do so.

I am wondering, if you might by chance, be able to do it this way?

- Create as many folders as you need, named CC1, CC2, CC3, etc.

- Copy CCleaner.exe into each of them.

- Run CCleaner.exe in the CC1 folder & set the .ini file how you like it. Same for CC2, CC3, etc.

* Can also drag CCleaner onto Batch Icon Extractor, then use WinRar to rar your CC1 into an SFX using the icon extracted by BIE. This would yield a single EXE file that you could launch, & each one of them would be with a customized variant of .ini as according your needs.

Although you can run .bat file commands, I believe this to ultimately be an easier way. I know you can open multiple instances of CCleaner as well.

What do you think?

My suggestion was mostly for the benefit of others, some of whom occasionally ask for a different cleaning "profile".

It only requires the once of creation of each "profile.ini",

Your proposal would, I think, involve extra stages of creating folders for multiple copies of CC*.exe and production of a new SFX whenever CC is updated.

For myself, the batch file is essential because it initially detects whether any foreign language exists in Foxmarks,

and if so wipes out tons of stuff that climbs on board when Foxmarks is updated.

Regards

Alan

Of course, users could always just leave their folders that have CC inside, in a folder on the Desktop that they could update with the latest portable CC.exe.

Maybe even create a shortcut to each on the desktop, with the respective names, such as Clean Firefox Cache, Clean Opera Cache, etc., depending on what they wished to clean.