Windows startup tool bug

warmth

Since the release of this tool, I have seen a very repeated bug that is getting very annoying. Normally if you disable an entry using the tool and then update an app the normal expected behavior should be that entry remain in the way it is. But that doesn't happen apps are set to enable autoruns even if they don't ask the user within the installer so you should think the entry is gonna get rewritten and the disable rule is gonna be lost but in fact what happens is that the rule is duplicated in CCleaner tool and you have to disable it another time but the weirdest stuff comes if you dice to erase the key, it will be wiped out but also the duplicates. So seems that the issue is not on Windows Registry but on CCleaner.

1qnmbvhr-CCleaner_Startup_bug.JPG

Note: attach files system is not working!

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CCleaner v3.17.1689 (64-bit)

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

• Moderators

this is not a ccleaner bug, the same happens whenever I update itunes and I use a different startup manager. the installer doesn't see the entry (because it's moved to disabled list) so puts it back in.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Try using the old trick of adding a semicolon to the path in the registry. Thus, edit the registry key's data so that the data is (without the quotes) ";C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Suite\NokiaSuite.exe -tray" Notice the semicolon which I stuck at the front of the data? The semicolon tells Windows not to load the program following the semicolon, and the program itself most likely will not merrily create another duplicate Run entry in the registry since it will see a match for the stuff following the semicolon.