Malwarebytes 1.61 released

hazelnut

Thanks so much Hazel. I give my machine its daily enema, er cleaning, I never forget MAB. I've got version 1.60 and have been wondering when a new one would be available. I hit the updates button then scan, logging the results. I see the download latest version entry but have never used it. May I assume your link corresponds to that? Thanks again for all you do for us on this forum.

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. (Emily Dickinson-1830-1886)

I update MBAM evry day so I never miss a new version because it tells you about it when you update :)

Just ran the update and it doesn't tell me.

Can't upload a screenshot here, dunno why.

• Moderators

When you click to update, it downloads the definitions (about 6MB) and then it downloads again straight away (about 9MB) it then says MBAM needs to close to install new version then opens again for you to choose language etc.

The servers might be getting a hammering at the moment to it may be an hour or two before they cope with demand I guess.

@Warlock

Yes the link in the MBAM forum post that I linked to is where you can get the download from :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Thanks Hazel,

I'm as screwed up as Hogan's Goat today. Must be the ham sandwiches yesterday. I'm logged in on one page and logged out on another so I just quit and laid down. I was going to help nodles but you did that instead. While off I decided to run MAB scan just to see what it did to convey to him. I have the free version and inadvertently clicked the download line and got the Pro. After updating the definitions it immediately went to downloading the new version 1.61.00.1400 so now I have it, updates and all. I had so many windows open while on the forum I was dizzy. Anyway, thanks again Lady, you're tops.

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. (Emily Dickinson-1830-1886)

• Moderators

When you click to update, it downloads the definitions (about 6MB) and then it downloads again straight away (about 9MB) it then says MBAM needs to close to install new version then opens again for you to choose language etc.

The servers might be getting a hammering at the moment to it may be an hour or two before they cope with demand I guess.

That's how I've always upgraded to a new version.

Also the setup file "mbam-setup.exe" once downloaded and installed can be nabbed from in here:

All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

I update MBAM evry day so I never miss a new version because it tells you about it when you update :)

:) Wow! I don't update it every day! I use Firefox & I have a firewall & A/V on my machine. I have all my files backed up, & if I scanned my machine every day for viruses, I would never get done! Plus, it would wear my HDD a lot faster. I just clean every month or two...

When I am testing groups of files, sometimes right much more, depending.

U must have a lot of time! Hahaha. Wish I could retirrrreeeee!!!!! :(

• Moderators

You obviously didn't read what I posted, I said I UPDATED malwarebytes every day.

Takes about 6 or 7 seconds.

No point in having an antimalware or antivirus application on your machine and not keeping its definition files up to date.

And no, I don't have lots of time, I just make time for things I consider important.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

Well, I did read it... I usually don't update Malwarebytes though myself, until I am about to run a malware scan.

Way I see it, don't need to do it every day, since it will get the latest before a malware scan, anyway...

I may have just guestimated that you also ran it religiously, & that is my fault on that. So sorry for the mixup! Thank you for correcting me... :)

Guess everyone has their own way of running things, LOL!

• Moderators

Way I see it, don't need to do it every day, since it will get the latest before a malware scan, anyway...

Not if a nasty prevents you from going online to get the latest definitions. Then you can only scan with outdated info.

Remember if casual pc users read your post they will think it's okay not to keep malware definitions up to date.

Is that the message you really want to give out?

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

It's simple enough and fast enough to keep all installed anti-malware/anti-virus updated daily even with freeware versions that don't automatically update themselves. I keep MBAM updated daily, although I only scan with it using Quick Scan at the most once per week.