I used the CCleaner and now I can't get a printer to work properly.

I used the ccleaner and now I can't get my printer to work. I have tried everything. Re installing the printer software etc.

I thought that maybe it was the printer however I just tried another printer and its doing the same thing. The first page worked

and now every just sits in the printer queue

The only thing that I did different with my computer was preform this software. When I preform any checks on the printer it says

that its working properly.

Any suggestions?

If I do a system restore would that bring my computer back to how it was working before I used this program?

• Moderators

Sometimes stopping and starting the print spooler service can clear the files in the queue. Info on how to do this here.

Make sure you read all the page and instructions first so you are clear in your mind on what to do. You need to be an administrator of the pc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/89483-print-spooler-queue-clear-reset.html

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I used the ccleaner and now I can't get my printer to work. I have tried everything. Re installing the printer software etc.

System restore may work. However, you may want to try these steps first. CC reg-cleaner is not perfect, & HP printers are very known that removing certain HP registry keys can/will take out the printer, as I have had this happen to me when I exhibited blind trust in CC to clean things.

You always should check what it finds, & allow CC to make a reg-backup. I rarely do use CC reg cleaner unless absolutely necessary, for this reason. I have found that when you do have to use it, unticking the top 3 reg entries make a world of difference in stability of a cleaned registry while using CC.

The way I see it, here are a few options (First being sure all your files/programs/etc) are backed up in case of a problem.

_____

- Check all your installed printers & delete/remove all the ones your not using. Uninstall even the HP one, then run the HP cleaner utility from their website to completely remove it, & then re-install it. Sometimes, a complete removal can enable it to start working again. Might have to reboot again after running the driver re-installation.

When installing, be sure you have the correct OS (XP/Vista/7) as well as the correct bits (32/64), model #, etc, because while it may/can work with other OS/bits sometimes, it just works better when everything is correct.

- Restore your CC reg settings (if you allowed it to back them up)

- System Restore (if you have all your files backed up in case something goes wrong or it restores back to a time when some files no longer exist).

Depending on your OS, you may also be able to go to the Control Panel/Printers & right click your printer/properties & navigate through the tabs till you find the Driver one to roll-back to a working or older driver.

_____

Lesson learned for me... Never delete HP registry keys for installed printers or devices, even if such keys are said to be "unused" or ready to delete!