a-squared scan found trojan in ccsetup files

wingspan

I have used CCleaner for quite awhile, and like it a lot -- thank you! But when I ran an a-squared malware scan today, it found Trojan-Dropper.Win32Agent.acq in two previously downloaded CCleaner setup files: ccsetup123.exe and ccsetup124.exe. It did not find anything in earlier setup files or in ccsetup125.exe or in ccsetup126.exe.

I don't remember where I downloaded the contaminated files from -- but I usually go to castle cops for a link, or to hippo, or major geeks -- and sometimes I think I use the link provided from inside CCleaner. Just don't remember...

A-squared said it removed the infected files, but I am off to run more scans...

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

A few weeks ago McAfee VirusScan identified most of my downloaded Ccleaner setup files as infrected (and deleted them without even prompting me!). They actually put a warning onto their website and corrected the virus definitions within a few hours.

Have you checked the A-squared website if they have updated virus definitions?

Hi -- I can't upload the files that a-squared flagged as contaminated because I let a-squared delete them. (They were older CCleaner setup files.)

I use WinXP Pro, rridgely.

It is reassuring to see that folks seem to think this was a false-positive. I will be running some additional online scans to make sure. Thanks, all.