Uninstall function... Really Full, or like moving app icon to trash?

blablabla

Hi!

The popular and most known way to uninstall an application on a Mac is to simply move the app icon, from the app folder, to the trash.

However, like on Windows, installing a program puts many files at different locations on the drive.

On Windows, when we uninstall a program, all the related files are also removed.

Is it the same with Mac's Ccleaner, or does it simply trash the app icon from the app folder?

Thanks!

:)

• Moderators

Hi blablabla.

No advantage to be gained calling for a Moderator as we're just volunteer members like you and everyone else, and if we don't have a Mac, and there being no Mac help file available, even for us, it's difficult to give definitive answers.

However, in Windows, CCleaner actually runs the programs own uninstaller, and I'm sure the devs wouldn't have provided an uninstall feature in the Mac version if it only removed the icon.

We do have members who own Macs, and I'm sure they'd jump on me (in a nice way) if I was wrong about that.

Hope that helps.

• Moderators

yes sadly, because MAC ccleaner is new we've yet to happen upon a guru for it. also because MAC's uninstall is so odd (drag folder to trash) I'm not so sure we can even compare to the windows version. my suggestion, as the developers rarely comment in forum though are probably writing a manual, is to install a bit of freeware from mac appstore then run the uninstall from ccleaner. please for the sake of future users come back & tell us what occured.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

Would be nice if Piriform developers removed the challenge with unistalling applications that require Admin password. At this time, if there is an app that requires admin password, a user receives a message notifying of insufficient permissions to remove the application.