Annoying comma.

adrian.voica

Hi.

Please replace the annoying comma in the "system info" header section (as seen in the attached image) of CCleaner (and, maybe, other piriform applications too ?) with a dot "." character in the upcoming versions.

Since the comma "," character is already used for splitting pieces of the info sentence, it looks annoying.

Thanks! :D

Keep up the good work!

post-60918-0-78275000-1330428683_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

That appears to be the continental numbering convention, where a comma is used for the decimal point (although the time taken is in English, and bytes removed is in Continental). Which language are you using?

I have a dot on my English install, although I haven't upgraded to the latest vers (waiting for Slim - just don't tell me it's there) and I'm 32 bits.

Hi. I'm using English language with Romanian locales. Ok. So the problem is in the current system locale settings. Can't it just be replaced with a dot, without the locale headache?...it's just a string, after all...

That appears to be the continental numbering convention, where a comma is used for the decimal point (although the time taken is in English, and bytes removed is in Continental). Which language are you using?

I have a dot on my English install, although I haven't upgraded to the latest vers (waiting for Slim - just don't tell me it's there) and I'm 32 bits.

• Moderators

it's just a string and that string is read via the systems settings. You use a , for your decimal and therefore get a ,

really it is just simple logic, and your asking ccleaner to do more work (for zero gain) to tell it to use the dot and not what the system uses. On top of that in doing this, we would be filled with "ccleaner says I have 8 thousand Gigabytes of RAM"

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

it's just a string and that string is read via the systems settings. You use a , for your decimal and therefore get a ,

really it is just simple logic, and your asking ccleaner to do more work (for zero gain) to tell it to use the dot and not what the system uses. On top of that in doing this, we would be filled with "ccleaner says I have 8 thousand Gigabytes of RAM"

Anyway, it looks ugly. :blink: