Recovering only "excellent" files

Brian_M

I'm trying to recover a lost partition that had an OS on it. Recuva found over 200,000 files. All the files I looked at were either "excellent" or "unrecoverable".

Is there any way to only select the "excellent" files for recovery? (other than clicking each one individually). I also need it to keep the current folder tree structure.

Thanks for any help,

Brian.

• 2 years later...

The way I recover multiple files ►

In List view, click the heading State so that the Excellent files are sorted at the top of the list. Then highlight a group of files and recover.

Yes - and I'll add more detail to this answer, as what's here isn't quite enough: To select a group of files marked "Excellent":

- Sort the list as @kroozer describes so that the Excellent files are sorted to the top of the list

- Click the first filename (not its checkbox) at the top of the list - this is the first file marked excellent, it will now be highlighted

- Then scroll down the list until you get to the last file marked excellent

- Then hold down the shift key on your keyboard and click the filename (not its checkbox) of the last file marked excellent

- You should now see that all the files marked excellent are highlighted

- Then right click anywhere on this highlighted list and a pop up menu should appear

- select 'check highlighted' option from the pop up menu and you should now see that the checkbox for each file is now checked - there is a tick symbol in the box

And that's how you bulk / batch / group select only the files marked 'excellent' to recover

You can now proceed to the Recovery process by clicking the Recover... button