CCleaner Exclude REG

ricktendo64

This is not a bug report but more of a feature request, there are these .net 1.0 shared dll's that show up in the registry cleaner tab of ccleaner I want to add to whilelist without affecting the other shareddlls

shareddlls.png

You see when I try to add them to the exclude list I get a bunch of exlude entries like this (nullifying other shareddlls scan)

Exclude#=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
etc...

So it would be nice is ccleaner supported these types of excludes for reg

Exclude5=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\vsavb7rt.dll
Exclude6=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.enterpriseservices.dll
Exclude7=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscorrc.dll
Exclude8=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscordbi.dll
Exclude9=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscorsec.dll
Exclude10=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.configuration.install.dll
Exclude11=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\microsoft.vsa.vb.codedomprocessor.dll
Exclude12=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\wminet_utils.dll
Exclude13=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\microsoft.jscript.dll
Exclude14=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\diasymreader.dll
Exclude15=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\iehost.dll
Exclude16=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.data.dll
Exclude17=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\System.tlb
Exclude18=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\System.EnterpriseServices.tlb
Exclude19=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorlib.tlb
Exclude20=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscoree.tlb
Exclude21=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\System.Drawing.tlb
Exclude22=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\System.Windows.Forms.tlb
Exclude23=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\System.tlb
Exclude24=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Microsoft.JScript.tlb
Exclude25=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\System.EnterpriseServices.tlb
Exclude26=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\System.Windows.Forms.tlb
Exclude27=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\System.Drawing.tlb
Exclude28=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Microsoft.JScript.tlb
Exclude29=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscorlib.tlb
Exclude30=REG|HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls|C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscoree.tlb

• Moderators

I've tested removing these with no error. Just remove all but the latest version of .net on your PC (usually 4.x)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I apologize, I misread. Yeah, I'm going to say the exclude registry is currently too broad. It needs to be changed (IMHO) to the way ricktendo describes (I for one would call this a bug)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com