The Firefox/Mozilla Thread

nodles

IMHO, v12 sucks over v11....step backwards. V11 loads much quicker then v12. I waited a while to install v11 thinking there was going to be a v11.1, now I definately will wait for a newer version before updating my other systems,

Waterfox just released v12 today.

Just updated to FF14b6 & it seems to have fixed a lot of previous bugs, & looks better too. 12 had page caching issues, which were fixed starting with 13.

• 1 month later...

Updated to FF14, which solves many problems. Therefore, erased former post about 13.

@Hazel, please try Opera 12. It is the first Opera with hardware Acceleration. Just have to manually turn it on. Many integrated graphics drivers don't support browser acceleration features, so you may or may not see a benefit depending on your graphics hardware type.

FF13 sorta has what Opera had years ago but now in a very limited way. (The multi-screened New Tab Start page.) I find it kind of annoying as I've got all my popular bookmarks on their own toolbar. But I have the option to turn it off. So no biggie.

• Moderators

@Corona yeah that makes most of the main browsers having done that now (FF, Chrome, Safari and Opera) ie hasn't done that AFAICT but has QuickTabs

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I've a 9 button mouse, i find it fairly easy to use the middle click. Incidentally, middle clicking a tab (in the tab bar) closes it. Useful for closing pages quickly without focusing them.

9 buttons makes a difference! I'd hate to middle-click 1,000 + times to close all my open tabs. CTRL + W can be held down to rapidly close lots of tabs.

That, & right-click/close other tabs.

• 4 weeks later...