Adding the option to keep CCleaner's settings when uninstalling.

Newtype

Hi, this is something that I've been wanting for a long time. There are frequently new updates for CCleaner and I always do clean installs by uninstalling the previous version before installing the new one. The problem is when you uninstall, it deletes the entire CCleaner folder in Program Files, including the .ini file which contains all my settings and cookie exceptions. So every time I uninstall CCleaner, I have to remember to save my .ini file elsewhere so that I don't lose it. Making a list of all the cookies that you want to exclude from scanning can be a long process, so it would be nice if you added an option to keep the .ini file in the CCleaner folder when uninstalling.

Thanks for reading.

You already seem to have in force Save Settings to INI

You now lack just one thing :-

Replace INSTALLATION of a new version with UNZIP of the latest PORTABLE version.

I always delete the previous CCleaner.exe ONLY,

and replace by unzipping ONLY this CCleaner.exe executable from the Portable ZIP,

and this automatically preserves my cookies and all my chosen settings.

I do not unzip anything else, especially not the Language files which I deleted years ago.

You already seem to have in force Save Settings to INI

You now lack just one thing :-

Replace INSTALLATION of a new version with UNZIP of the latest PORTABLE version.

I always delete the previous CCleaner.exe ONLY,

and replace by unzipping ONLY this CCleaner.exe executable from the Portable ZIP,

and this automatically preserves my cookies and all my chosen settings.

I do not unzip anything else, especially not the Language files which I deleted years ago.

Thanks, this is a good trick!