Want to Delete Backup and Format Solid State Drive

Mudd

Mudd, I do hope you the best on your recovery.

Ok, well, DBAN was listed, because it is a drive wiper utility. If you are having problems booting or loading, & if it is a problem with a corrupted file system, then DBAN should be able to fix it. I am not sure the options, been a long time since I checked. But I believe they have a floppy disk maker (not sure if your pc has a floppy drive or not) & possibly a cd to burn it to.

If not, try using something like G-Parted to see if you can erase/reset your drive from a bootable CD or something.

If it is a partition/file system problem, that can help as well. Sometimes file systems do get corrupted.

If it is a hardware problem causing your PC not to boot, none of the above will fix it. If your computer is having a hardware problem causing it not to reboot, here are commonly suggested fixes:

- Check the power supply -> Bad/damaged power supplies can cause problems booting, & even no boot if it goes entirely dead

- Remove all your RAM, then try each ram stick individually, in different slots, to see if it is caused by a bad ram nodule

- Blow the dust out of your computer with an electric leaf blower, or something comparable. Hold the fan blades on the CPU/GPU etc with a q-tip to keep them from over-rpm-ing while you are dusting the computer out. Heat/stuck/non-working fans can cause a computer to overheat or not to boot.

- Remove your networking cards -> While many people protect their monitor & PS from surges, they forget to use network protection. Line spikes can cause damage to them, or sometimes even the computer itself. If a card is only partially fried, it may cause an endless reboot cycle, or feel hot to the touch on the chip on the card, etc.

- Remove your CD/DVD/floppies/smart media card media, etc, as disks left in them may cause boot problems.

- Reseat your cables to your CD/DVD/HDD/SDD/FDD as well as the power to them. Reseat your RAM & Video card(s). Sometimes, if they become partially dis-engaged, it can cause them to not boot properly.

It may be difficult to troubleshoot the exact problem, not sitting in front of it.

But hopefully, one of the suggestions listed will be something for you to try when you get bored, recover, etc.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Mudd, I do hope you the best on your recovery.

Ok, well, DBAN was listed, because it is a drive wiper utility. If you are having problems booting or loading, & if it is a problem with a corrupted file system, then DBAN should be able to fix it. I am not sure the options, been a long time since I checked. But I believe they have a floppy disk maker (not sure if your pc has a floppy drive or not) & possibly a cd to burn it to.

If not, try using something like G-Parted to see if you can erase/reset your drive from a bootable CD or something.

If it is a partition/file system problem, that can help as well. Sometimes file systems do get corrupted.

If it is a hardware problem causing your PC not to boot, none of the above will fix it. If your computer is having a hardware problem causing it not to reboot, here are commonly suggested fixes:

- Check the power supply -> Bad/damaged power supplies can cause problems booting, & even no boot if it goes entirely dead

- Remove all your RAM, then try each ram stick individually, in different slots, to see if it is caused by a bad ram nodule

- Blow the dust out of your computer with an electric leaf blower, or something comparable. Hold the fan blades on the CPU/GPU etc with a q-tip to keep them from over-rpm-ing while you are dusting the computer out. Heat/stuck/non-working fans can cause a computer to overheat or not to boot.

- Remove your networking cards -> While many people protect their monitor & PS from surges, they forget to use network protection. Line spikes can cause damage to them, or sometimes even the computer itself. If a card is only partially fried, it may cause an endless reboot cycle, or feel hot to the touch on the chip on the card, etc.

- Remove your CD/DVD/floppies/smart media card media, etc, as disks left in them may cause boot problems.

- Reseat your cables to your CD/DVD/HDD/SDD/FDD as well as the power to them. Reseat your RAM & Video card(s). Sometimes, if they become partially dis-engaged, it can cause them to not boot properly.

It may be difficult to troubleshoot the exact problem, not sitting in front of it.

But hopefully, one of the suggestions listed will be something for you to try when you get bored, recover, etc.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Mudd

I'm almost ashamed to post on this forum because I don't think I deserve all the attention I getting over my problem. What a group of people you are.

Update on this BS: My Son came home earlier than I expected because of the expected bad weather over the weekend. He went through all this with me, took the drives out, then took them to a friend of his that knows a lot about PCs. He hooked both drives up to a PC and the SSD was a wreck, couldn't even reformat it. He said it showed bad sectors. The other drive was reformatted and a disk was used at his place to put Vista back on it. Did all the updates (which was 201 after SP1 and 2) and Son then brought the drive back, put into my unit and I have things back to normal.

Not going for the SSD again. They are expensive and maybe not yet developed as much as they can be.

The Fixer said he thought the SSD died while the restore was going on and that was the problem.

Again I say, you are the best group of people. I thank each and everyone of you for your time and suggestions

Now, if one of you would suggest how I can get my legs to work again.................! The Doctors are working on it. But, suggestions are welcome!:)

Mudd

Mudd, which SSD do you have? Manufacturer & model?

Btw. happy holidays & New Year!

Don't know at the moment. The Friend kept it to try to see if he could bring it alive! When I get it back (?) I'll send you the info.

Mudd

If your able to lift your legs so someone else can vacuum under them, your doing OK. ;)

Can do that! I can even drag myself to the Pi**er, hold on to the Sink Cabinet, pull myself to Pot! How about that? Hopefully this is not going to last to long. Had this problem many times in the last years. Something the Military gave me!

Mudd

Can do that! I can even drag myself to the Pi**er, hold on to the Sink Cabinet, pull myself to Pot! How about that? Hopefully this is not going to last to long. Had this problem many times in the last years. Something the Military gave me!

That's what I call toughing it out Mudd. Thank you sir for your service in the Military and may you have a speedy recovery.

No problem! We are just glad you made it back.

I myself don't mind helping people all I can. I am sure the rest of the people here feel this way as well. I think the guys & girls up here are just exceptionally great people. We are all just people like you, really, who try to help others.

Hope we made you feel welcomed, & hope your leg does get better. I'll put in a prayer request for ya at the local church here. Can't hurt, ya know.

No problem! We are just glad you made it back.

I myself don't mind helping people all I can. I am sure the rest of the people here feel this way as well. I think the guys & girls up here are just exceptionally great people. We are all just people like you, really, who try to help others.

Hope we made you feel welcomed, & hope your leg does get better. I'll put in a prayer request for ya at the local church here. Can't hurt, ya know.

Thanks. And it might help, who knows? I'm doing exceptional well this time. Should be back on my "feet" anytime now. Merry Christmas to you and family.

Mudd