Want to Delete Backup and Format Solid State Drive

Mudd

2 Old Men - "We brought the balloons, but...we can't blow them up."

Surely there is a big winded person on the Forum rather than I that could take just a few puffs to get them all. Find him/her and ask a simple question, catch the answer in the balloons!

Hazelnut: My Medical check didn't go to well. Have a Stent in right leg that is crushed and causing a slow blood flow. Not a big problem just hate to have it opened. They put a small catheter in the left upper arm, run a small wire with a type of balloon (not the big kind we are talking about) and when they get to the Stent a small puff of air goes and the Stent again opens. The Doctor asks if I want to watch on a Monitor. I do but each time after I think, "not going to that again" but I do. Interesting to watch something going up my left arm, passing into my Heart then out again thru the Aorta down to the lower Right Leg. What Doctors can do today is amazing.

Supposed to have two days of bed time just to be safe. But I just had to answer about the balloons that Corona mentioned, and you asked about the Medical stuff. I'm in bed with a laptop, borrowed from Grouch and it's difficult for me as I'm a first time user with one.

I'll be back with my problem in a day or so. Thank all of you again for the help and information sent.

Mudd

The Doctor asks if I want to watch on a Monitor. I do but each time after I think, "not going to that again" but I do. Interesting to watch something going up my left arm, passing into my Heart then out again thru the Aorta down to the lower Right Leg.

Huge respect for you.

When I was on the table for a surgeon to go down my throat with an endoscope and seek and destroy a gall stone,

he first offered me the opportunity to see his very latest super slim endoscope.

I was able to joke and ask him if it had been sterilised since the last patient and whether it had entered the throat or elsewhere,

but I could not bear to look at what was about the enter me :o

N.B. I was strangely comforted by his statement that they use different designs of endoscope for each entrance.

I just hope no one makes a mistake with the colour coded handles :rolleyes:

The first time I kept my eyes close most of the time, especially when he was in my heart with the wire thing. This has happened several times over the years. I fall a lot and bump into things. If I happen to hit one of the places where there is a Stint it can easily be mashed flat or nearly flat. I try to be careful but being an old fool like I am, it's not always easy to be careful enough.

Feeling great today. Up and out of bed tomorrow.

Enjoyed your post.

Mudd

• Moderators

Hi Mudd.

Just had to pop in here and add my best wishes to those of the other guys.

Look after yourself, especially at this time of the year. Don't go hurting yourself at Christmas, as hospital is no place to be opening presents. :)

Seriously, take care of yourself.

Thank you Dennis. I intend to do my best. We are having weather here that is unusual for this part of the state. It's keeping me inside and I'm really bored but will make it.

Sure enjoy reading everyone's Posts. Dont' always know what's going on but still enjoy.

Merry Christmas to you.

Mudd

Poor shivering thing needs a blanket. :unsure:

I'm the one that needs a blanket. This doesn't happen in the part of the State. Well, sometime it does and it did early this month. May not look like much to you that are familiar with snow and ice storms. Here it is very unusual.

Sorry about the double post of attachment. My excuse, Old!

post-634-0-62968800-1323825449_thumb.jpg

post-634-0-30034200-1323825493_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mudd

Mudd

• Moderators

I'm the one that needs a blanket. This doesn't happen in the part of the State. Well, sometime it does and it did early this month. May not look like much to you that are familiar with snow and ice storms. Here it is very unusual.

Fingers crossed as I say this Mudd, but we're still snow free here in the North East of England, although it's wet and very windy most days.

A bit like our summers really. :lol:

Dennis, hoping for you on the weather. Now for Kroozer. I've been to your state, Jan-Apr and I'm sure there are really nice places. Colorado Springs was not one of them during those months when I was there. Some day when I grow old, going to take a short trip up there. Not to far from NW Texas. I can be positive in saying it will be in the Summer...............

Mudd

Sorry about the double post of attachment. My excuse, Old!

Lol, it's like everything's gone topsy-turvy. I live in Massachusetts and the only time I've had any real snow this year (so far) was that freak October snow storm. Haven't had any worthy snow since then. And snow in Texas? Since when does that happen? :o

And snow in Texas? Since when does that happen? :o

About every 11 years. Sun cycle and El Nina. And volcano effects (Iceland) usually last 2 years.

As far as the balloon comment, that was a line from an Everybody Loves Raymond episode.

Corona is certainly right concerning the particular area. The temperature can get very low but the absence of moisture in the upper air flow is so low that Snow and Rain are almost nill during the cold months of Winter. As a kid I do remember a period of time, no memory of what year, but we had rain, sleet, and then very cold temps of the -F and it started snowing. Snowed for a week. No auto travel could be made. The Farmers near by got their Tractors out and went from farm to farm, house to house taking emergency orders for fuel or food. There was a small community several miles from us that had a good stock of food and fuel. Most families were prepared, just in case.

Mudd

Mudd, download & use Unlocker.

It can usually delete most any file, upon reboot.

Install, right click a file, unlocker, & choose delete.

If this doesn't work, there is a reg file you can download that ads a right click item so you can right click a file & take ownership.

Google it. Works great.

He needs some friends to brighten the place up for a couple of weeks. Any takers?

:)

Two weeks is very close to next year and new products.

You are on the inside, what do you know ?

Is CCleaner for Linux coming and you are front runner as a Moderator on the new Linux sub-forum :D

• Moderators

Two weeks is very close to next year and new products.

You are on the inside, what do you know ?

Is CCleaner for Linux coming and you are front runner as a Moderator on the new Linux sub-forum :D

Good one Alan. :lol:

I know my fellow mods and myself are definitely not on the inside, and as far as I'm aware we've had all the new products, which were mentioned in one of Winapp's threads.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=34521&st=0&p=206175entry206175

If there's anything else, the devs are keeping it close to their chests.

Mudd, how important is the data?

You can also try copying all the important data off the drive to another one, whether USB external flash or hard drive.

Then, do a quick format of the drive, whether via Windows setup disk, or connecting the drive to a USB drive bay to do it externally.

That should get rid of it, if it is get riddable at all.

Mudd, how important is the data?

You can also try copying all the important data off the drive to another one, whether USB external flash or hard drive.

Then, do a quick format of the drive, whether via Windows setup disk, or connecting the drive to a USB drive bay to do it externally.

That should get rid of it, if it is get riddable at all.

Maybe you missed something posted earlier. The PC will not restart, neither Safe Mode or normal. Nothing happens, tries to start up but never gets there. Will bring up menu for Safe Mode but will not start there. It's a dead animal!

Have been out for medical reasons since my last post. Am home now, using Grouch's Laptop to post. Trying to get ready for Holidays. Grouch is cooking, bitching, and complaining about anything. :) I'm trying really hard to get myself in order to be a good Host to my children and grandchildren. Therefore the PC is not getting any attention.

There is no personal information on the drive that I will miss. Only the restore function as a Partition to C drive that lets me restore in a short time. But I can't access that because the PC will never start.

I've got some great idea from Posters and really appreciate them but can't use them as the PC will never get to anything. Just a window stating something like, "Please Wait while your Computer is loading" or something similar to that. Have waited up to 2 hours.

When and if I am able to get around again will do a restore with a disk I have.

If Hazelnut reads this post, this is for her: Easy on the balloon blowing. May not be necessary.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Mudd

Since you have no important data to lose, why don't you download & try Ubuntu?

See if you can format/install it?

Sometimes it works where Windows can't.

If you get Ubuntu to successfully format/setup Ubuntu, u may be able to format the drive yet once more, then use your Windows setup disk to format it back to NTFS & install Windows...

* Have u tried using DBAN on it yet?

Since you have no important data to lose, why don't you download & try Ubuntu?

See if you can format/install it?

Sometimes it works where Windows can't.

If you get Ubuntu to successfully format/setup Ubuntu, u may be able to format the drive yet once more, then use your Windows setup disk to format it back to NTFS & install Windows...

* Have u tried using DBAN on it yet?

Sir, how would I get Ubuntu into the PC that won't start up? I can't get it accept my Restore Disk. So, I could download it from Grouch's Laptop, put it on a Flash Drive, or DVD, but then would be deadlocked because it will not start up to run a Disc or Flash drive.

DBAN - I'm not familiar with that. But wouldn't it be the same thing as it would need a PC that would start on it's own or Disc or Flash or a Backup on a SSD? I think the PC is constipated with to much data as it crapped out when I tried to run a Backup from the SSD. And by the way, the SSD has problems also as it quit working during the Backup attempt. I can't get any data to show on it.

I do thank you for the suggetions. I recovering from some serious medical procedures and can only use the Laptop. Not able to set in a chair at this time. Am trying real hard to recover for the Christmas Hoilday.

Mudd

Mudd just put all your energies into recovering.

The computer can wait, in the big scheme of things it's no big deal.

Love to you and all your family for xmas :)

+1. Get yourself recovered, and the computer stuff will be a breeze. Merry Christmas, happy new year.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.