Replace Windows Disk Defragmenter

sgadecki

Thanks to all who have contributed to the development of this fantastic program! I use Defraggler for ALL of my defrag needs, and no longer use Windows XP default defrag as Defraggler works better every time!

The only suggestion that I have is when selecting "Replace Windows Disk Defragmenter" I would also love to have it replace the default windows defrag in the Win XP Computer Management window. I know that Diskeeper and a couple of others have that option. To keep the file size down for Diskeeper, this feature could even be implemented as a separate download as a "Patch" option.

We would need:

DfrgSnap.dll

DfrgUI.dll

dfrg.inf

Defraggler.msc

But if you read his question further, he is also asking about when you right click a drive/properties, get rid of the Windows snap in thingie under tools where it has Windows Defrag & replace it with Defraggler.

That's the Tools property sheet for drives. Defraggler already replaces Windows's defrag with respect to that "Defragment Now..." button.

To see what he's talking about, Computer Management, right-click My Computer and choose Manage. See "Disk Defragmenter" under "Storage" in the tree.