A question about CCleaner Enhancer and some misc. questions

Johnny Sokko

Hello,

I have a few questions about your product, CCleaner.

The first thing I am wondering about is the third-party enhancement product for it called "CCleaner Enhancer." I realize that you do not make that product and, therefore, probably cannot endorse it, but can you tell me anything about it? I'm sure your company has experimented with it at some point. Do you know if it's safe to use? And if it is considered "safe," does it offer any real benefit? Any commentary that you can provide, good or bad, would be appreciated.

Also, again, in regards to CCleaner Enhancer: CCleaner Enhancer has received a lot of positive feedback on various boards and forums. It also received a positive review by the staff at CNET. I am wondering why, if it enhances your product as good as everyone seems to say it does, why don't you simply include whatever it's doing into your own product and eliminate the need for a third-party tweak?

Thanks! I'm hoping you can answer that. I've been really curious about that.

PS: What are the differences between the free version of CCleaner and the version that you pay for? It appears as though there are none — besides the availability of support. Is this correct, or does the paid version come with extra features?

PPS: I have one more question that I've always wondered about. This is just a general question not related to your product, but I am hoping someone can answer it anyway. When I am downloading a product, such as one of yours (or any product, for that matter), what is the difference between selecting RUN or SAVE when prompted in the download dialogue box? They both appear to do the same thing, but there has to be a difference or the choice between the two wouldn't be given. Can you briefly explain what the differences are?

This is not discussed on the forums. If you wish to talk about it, feel free to send me a PM.

There is no paid version of CCleaner, you pay for priority support. The program is the same.

Save downloads the file and keeps it, run downloads it and puts it in your temporary folder.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Oops! I didn't mean to ask about a subject that is not supposed to be asked about. Sorry. Thanks for the PM invite, though. I'll take you up on it sometime in the next couple of days.

Regarding my other question, you stated: "Save downloads the file and keeps it, run downloads it and puts it in your temporary folder."

I'm sorry, but I'm still confused.

I've always selected Run on every program that I've ever downloaded, and the programs are always (without exception) installed and folders are created permanently within my C drive, not in any temporary folders.

Any idea why that is if it is as you said?

When you click run, it downloads the installer file (example: ccsetup313.exe) and instead of placing that folder in a downloads directory, it keeps it in a temp folder.

Installation is the same whether you run or save. Saving the installer file lets you keep it long term and move it to other places if you wish.

If you click run, then continue thru the screens, it installs the program right then.

If you click save, it puts the installer into the folder of your choice without installing it.

You can run it later & install it.

Just did that with the newest ccleaner. Never had clicked "Run" before today.

Didn't want to install anything before scanning it.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.