Hard disk extra working...

Eli

Hi

One step further, I have opened the Event Viewer showing the time of the crush, went to applications and noticed many entries with the ERROR tag next to it.

In the Properties for the entry its says:

'Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} [in separate entries]and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.'

In the Properties for hyperlink[for both] it mentions the file userenv.dll, file version 5.1.2600.5512

After checking back in time, this same errors, keep repeating every day as I could go and that is back until 12/11/2011

I hope it makes a much clearer picture to the techies in this forum.

Thanks.

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

• Moderators

Have a read here it may help with understanding what is going on and have to find what those values are in the registry

http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1036331.htm

Is it event id 1041?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Have a read here it may help with understanding what is going on and have to find what those values are in the registry

http://forums.techar...ort/1036331.htm

Is it event id 1041?

Thank you for the link Hazelnut, it is indeed event 1041, I`ve found a similar link a while ago and deleted this keys[not before Erunt backup], I`ll see now what happens.

I have the updating service set only to inform me if I have new updates, and if there are, I manually choose what updates to download , is that what you mean?

I used to do that until some years ago when enterprise networks were trashed by an unannounced security patch that violated the settings.

I.T. Admininstrators were enraged.

Before allowing a business wide update they always validated any update on test machines to confirm no business application would fail,

and suddenly Microsoft broke what were understood to be the "rules" and businesses ground to a halt.

Microsoft redefined the interpretation of the "rules" and said they were not trying to update Windows per se

but only to enhance the Windows Update mechanism to allow better control by Microsoft of how they could update Windows.

or you totally disable the updating service and then you periodically check if any updates available at their site by yourself?

This is only a flag - unfortunately it is the best that is available so that is what I now use.

Just possibly Windows may be coded to be totally obedient to that flag setting,

BUT the next update I do permit will obviously have the capability of cancelling that obedience.

• Moderators

I asked this above, but no reply (not impatient, just thought it was probably missed). If you disable "Automatic Updates" in XP, what's the easiest procedure for manually checking for Windows updates?

Probably best to start a new thread about it Tom as this thread is about Eli's hard disk problem.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I`m having the suspicion that Firefox 8 made all the extra "Aerobic spinning workout" on my hard disk, I changed to Palemoon a Mozilla based engine and I can tell the big difference now.