Recylce Bin-Hidden Files

Greetings to the Group:

We've been using Microsoft SyncToy for doing backup of business files to two external hard drives. The SyncToy feature for Selecting Subfolders to include or disregard in a back up sequence picks up the existence of files that CCleaner v3.12 is not deleting:

** files that have a $ sign in the file description ($RA62KCP) file is a zip folder from an external drive deletion

** "s-1-5-21-1384378194-1034998999-311274156-1000" not sure what this file is

It would be wonderful if the CCleaner software was deleting these kinds of files in future software upgrades.

Richard Matthis

Edited by DennisD
Link removed by moderation

Richard Matthis

I guess these are compressed files. I don't think CCleaner can wipe compressed files from the Recycle Bin. If you like to remove these files from the Recyle Bin I can suggest two methods.

Method 1: I have tested this on Windows Vista and Windows 7 32/64 bit systems.

Open Command Prompt.

Type the following command and press ENTER.

rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin

This clears out the $Recycle.bin folder from the C:\ partition. You may have to do this for each hard disk partition in your system.

Method 2: Download a trial version of @Active Boot Disk. Install the program to make a bootable disc. Then boot the computer with that disc and go to Start menu and click on Utilities, then go to Explore My Computer. Choose the hard disk and open $Recycle.Bin and then click on the folders inside the $Recycle.Bin , you will find these hidden/undeleteable files there. Right click on the files and delete them.