Ccleaner stopped cleaning Sandboxie files

Photoray

Tried it with sandboxie on and off. (it was cleaning sandboxie while it was on). Tried Sandboxie before and after the latest update vs. 3.6.

The location of the files I do not believe have changed, at least I have not moved them. The cache files are still located directly under C:Sandbox.

Still no results.

Ah wait a minute. I just went to Sandboxie to Default Box/Delete Contents and it shows the normal recovery box with the Delete Contents button at the bottom left, but it states "There are no files to recover at this time".

Could be that Sandboxie is corrupt? I wonder if doing a clean reinstall is in order?

Before I did that, I removed ccleaner and sandboxie as completely as I could and reinstalled. No luck.

I add a custom INCLUDE setting for sandboxie and that worked.

Strange though why I need to do this after its been working fine before.

@Photoray: You may want to run a system restore to a day or two prior, & if that fails to get it working, perhaps talk to a spyware mod here to be sure your system is clean.

Additionally, you can try uninstalling & clean reinstalling the application in question, being certain before you begin, that all critical & important files are properly backed up so that in the event of anything happening beyond your control (HDD/SSD crash, fried motherboard, etc) that you can always restore back.

I hope one of the people here can assist you, so do post back if any suggestions you tried have worked.

• Moderators

Sounds as if your Sandboxie install may be corrupted.

Does it clean if you log in as a different user?

Are you using Sbie free? (one sandbox available at any one time)

I take it you have run all antivirus/malware scans?

Also please say what your operating system and service pack is.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

@nodles ok it was just my bad on the INCLUDE setting. I didnt include all folders, subs and files. Now it work for that issue.

@Super Fast, I am in the process of runnig scans now for viruses, etc. I may try a sys restore afterward.

@Hazelnut I didnt think of that, so I created a 2nd account to test it out. After doing so, ccleaner cleaned out the Sandbox files for the 2nd account but not the 1rst account. ( Using Windows 7 Home Premium srv pk 1)

I did get some more info that may lead to what happened. My girlfriends kid was using Sandboxie prior to this happening and apparently he got a warning from MS Essentials stating it had found an infection of some kind. He hit the delete button and then wiped the history inside of Essentials thinking he was deleting the infection.

I fear this may be the cause of the problem.

• Moderators

As I am sure you know if your av gives a warning about a nasty while you are surfing sandboxed, it is only detecting it in the sandbox. It is not on your real system.

Unless you were there at the time you have no way of knowing what else your girlfriend's son did in his panic. Was he using your admin profile? If so may be an idea to create one just for him (with sbie on it of course:))

You sound a confident enough user to be able to work/sort this out now you are in possession of a lot more of the facts surrounding what happened.

Keep us posted

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
System restore did not work unfortunately.

you need to clarify this statement.

Do you mean (as Kroozer assumed) that System Restore was not able to correctly run?

or

Do you mean that you tried system restore but it did not fix the problem?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com