Cleaning System Restore Points

Willy2

A. Introduce an option (by e.g. ticking a box) that automatically deletes one or more System Restore Points (SRP). (Of course, NOT the last SRP).

B. When I let CC clean on or more SRPs then I have noticed (thanks to e.g. ExplorerXP) that CC doesn't remove all SRP info. Does anyone know why this happens ? Has this already been discussed/explained on this forum ?. This leads to an additional suggestion.

-- Simply delete ALL SRP information.

Suggestions A and B (See above) both can be done in a number of ways:

-- Delete all SRPs (except for the last one).

-- Delete all SRPs older than e.g. 1 or 2 weeks or 1 or 2 months.

-- Delete all SRPs except for the e.g. 3, 4, 5 or perhaps 6 newest ones.

Edited by Willy2

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

I have previously posted, and possibly a search will find the topics,

unless recent roll-backs have lost them - besides I am too lazy to search today :)

Basically CC removes the registry hive snapshots that is captured at the beginning of each R.P.

In XP it preserves as A????????.ext the files which were deleted or modified or for other reasons captured whilst the R.P. was the latest R.P.

When the user chooses to revert to an earlier R.P. then Windows Restore has zero interest in the intervening registry snapshots,

and simply restores the registry as it had been at the time the snapshot was taken,

BUT it trawls through every R.P. to replace every current file with any previous version it may encounter,

and if CC had removed those A????????.ext files within any R.P. then there will be inconsistencies in the end result.