V2.08 - Health Tab Gone

dprout69

In the new version of defraggler the health tab has disappeared from my C drive, 64 bit, windows 7 system... and an external drive. Though it is still present on my other external drive of the same computer.

It's also still there on my 32 bit laptop, windows 7

Any suggestions?

• Moderators

Are either drive SSD as opposed to traditional harddrives?

(Stabbing in the dark sorry ;) )

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I am new....

Like you, I have been using Defraggler for a while. Seldom experience any issues.

However, like you, I the HEALTH TAB is gone.

I suspect it is because of Windows 7 (64bits). I am not too sure.

I have 2 other PCs one Vista & Windows 7 (32bits) both have the HEALTH TAB.

Not too sure if it is a bug!!

Thank you

Funny thing, in the Win7 (64bits) Defraggler without the health tag offers temperature settings for © or (F) under SETTINGS>OPTION>GENERAL.....butwhat are there to set!!!

However, the other PCs in Vista (32bits) and Win7 (32bits) have Health Tab, but do not offer any choice of Temperature....but there are no choices!!!

Driving me NUTS!

I am sure it is a BUG....should I report it?

Thank you

Driving me NUTS! I am sure it is a BUG....should I report it?

Not to worry, SeaMonster. The Big Dogs 1.gif read these posts -- you've reported it. :D

btw, df 2.08 is working fine on my Win7 64-bit and Vista 32-bit pcs, so something is glitchin' 'tween you & df. Obviously a buggy. :P

btw, df 2.08 is working fine on my Win7 64-bit and Vista 32-bit pcs, so something is glitchin' 'tween you & df. Obviously a buggy. :P

Perhaps, Df hates the Sea and I am a Monster....so that makes me worst of the lot.

Actually, I did not realized the case of the missing Health Tab until when I click on General ...saw the TEMPERATURE buttons....scratched my head and wonder what are those for? I did not think of it until when I saw the difference in the other PCs.

I uninstalled and reinstall several times on other PC too, but the results was the same. If only there is a way to troubleshoot.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

@ MrRon, it appears that this can happen on 32 Bit 7 systems as well. I have some systems it works well on, then others that it fails to show the health tab. Can also happen on Windows XP.

Also, a high number fail to report rotation speed with "Rotation rate unsupported" message. This happens on 7,200 RPM drives, as well as 5,400 RPM of varying sizes.

Hi, can you attach log file, maybe it contains sufficient informations to find causes of problem. Run Defraggler with parameter /debug then select one of volumes on whom the problem appears. Log file will be created at the same path as Defraggler.exe is located.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Just to note this issue is probably caused by hard drives that do not advertise their SMART health.

Health works fine on Windows seven and even on portable defraggler

post-21882-0-49329100-1326737236_thumb.jpg

to note my c and d drives show health (they are the same physical drive) and my G drive does not (it is a different drive, different brand etc)

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've attached two log files using the /debug switch; one for v2.07 and one for v2.09. Health tab present in v2.07 and missing from v2.08 & v2.09. My C: drive is a Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD which v2.07 likes just fine. It is not in a RAID (as the v2.09 log suggests) but is plugged into an nVidia 680i SLI mobo which has built in RAID support (turned off though).

EDIT: These are from the same PC, run two minutes apart after installing v2.07 over v2.09. Everything else should be the exact same.

Defraggler64.exe.2_7_3462012-03-14_00-51.txt

Defraggler64.exe.2_9_3912012-03-14_00-49.txt

• Moderators

thanks, the developers read every thread so these may provide good info for them

• 4 weeks later...

I am using the latest version, 2.09.

In my computer running XP Pro SP3, I have three drives, all 500GB, all the same manufacturer plus one external. One of the drives is split in two partitions.

The health tab is only on the "C" drive, the others lack it.

An anamoly or a feature?

Probably a feature! :) Just kidding! It shows the health tab on all 3 partitions of my HDD drive under my 32 Bit 7. Sounds like a bug.

I have had it happen to me that the health tab doesn't show up at times.

Even more weird, many drives show "Rotation Rate Unsupported". But I had a computer that was very slow, so I saw it actually load the correct 7,200 RPM speed for the drive, then it switched to "Rotation Rate Unsupported".

So, I know it detects it, but what gives? Anyway, hope they fix both problems. I am wondering if there is a script, or a line that causes it to interfere with proper display after it successfully loads?