NOT delete recent documents

Bydnar

I like the recent documents listings for ease of returning to a particular doc for rework. As hard as I've tried by unticking and reading forum entries, every time I use ccleaner, I lose the recent docs list.

I am using v3.12.1572,

IE9 primarily, Firefox v7.0.1 becoming less and less

Windows 7 home premium.

Looking forward to this enhanacment

Welcome to the forum. :)

If you are talking about MS Office recently opened, start CCleaner, click on the Applications tab and un-check the Office 20XX check box.

If you are talking about Recent Documents off the Windows Start button, start CCleaner, make sure the Windows tab is selected and under the Windows Explorer section un-check the Recent Documents check box.

Win10 Pro x64 Desktop (Speccy) - Win10 Pro x64 Laptop (Speccy)

• 5 years later...

I just tried following the advice given here before running CCleaner. My 'Recent Files' in File Explorer was full of recent downloads, etc.. I made sure Recent Documents in the File Explorer section of CCleaner was unchecked, and then I ran CCleaner. All my recent files was still deleted. I use Recent Files in File Explorer all the time, so that feature is important to me. What did I do wrong, or not do right? I don't ever want CCleaner to delete recent files.

Thanks.

• Moderators

in the Windows Explorer section of CC, don't have ANY options selected and than run it and see if it stops removing your recent files.

and to clarify, what recent files are we talking about, the Jump List of File Explorer if pinned to the Taskbar, or something/somewhere else?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Stephen CCleaner

Coincidentally, this was fixed in version 5.36 (released on October 17th).

To make this change take effect, go to the Cleaner section, right-click the 'Windows' tab and select 'Restore default state'.