How much does the internet weigh?

Winapp2.ini

Well, I estimate the Internet weighs about twice what he deducts in the video - but I guess he would know better than I would.

Fascinating how they came to the conclusion though.

Hi, Not happy with your signature.

In my view Softpedia supplies legitimate software,

BUT ONLY after infecting you with a download manager.

In my case I chose to NOT launch their manager and I got a different product elsewhere.

A few months later I looked in Windows event logs and saw a never ending sequence of side-by-side errors.

The culprit was the SoftPedia download Manager, and Softpedia said they found a manifest error which they would fix.

They never fixed it, and since ALL downloads including their manager went to E:\Downloads on my secondary drive,

I can only assume a deliberate illegal action of installing into my Windows 7 system in C:\ their unwanted manifest IN ANTICIPATION of my acceptance - which I never gave.

My only way to recover was to restore a Macrium Partition image from the day before SoftPedia trashed me,

and repeat all the Application Upgrades and New Installations that had been performed since that date.

SoftPedia do not play nicely.

Regards

Alan

• Moderators

In my view Softpedia supplies legitimate software,

BUT ONLY after infecting you with a download manager.

What are you going on about? It's CNET's Download.com that has that Download Manager, not Softpedia.com.

Edit:

Well at least nothing I've downloaded from Softpedia has a download manager, and I do prefer to use their servers since they're typically faster than downloading from the application website.

Softpedeia, CNET? Ew! What are you thinking? I gave up looking for freebie knick-knacks in the early 2000s. You're still looking for them?

Whoops, sorry, SOFTONICS was the culprit - I am still recovering from the trauma.

SOFT is now the trigger for turning my vision into a red mist.

Ten to the negative eighteen grams is about what my bank account weighs. :(

Dennis, I have a simple solution...change all of your account into coin and put them in a heavy Safety Deposit Box. :)

• 2 weeks later...