Some other cleanings

Michele73

Hi,

I have in list some other cleanings that at the moment I do manyally... for example:

• Windows Update Download Directory: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download . Often there are lot of dead updates there...
  • Microsoft .NET "Temporary ASP.NET files": in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files the exact syntax is:
    c:\windows\microsoft.net\<framework or framework64>\<version>\Temporary ASP.NET Files
  • Possibility to delete the same stuff for the other profiles on the machine.

What do you think about it?

Thanks,

Michele

Software Distribution logs probably wont be added to the official binaries.

[ASP.NET*]
LangSecRef=3025
DetectFile=%WinDir%\microsoft.net\
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\Microsoft.net\Framework\*\Temporary ASP.NET Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\Microsoft.net\Framework64\*\Temporary ASP.NET Files|*.*|RECURSE

- Note, I only found this folder in the v4.0.30319 folder, not any of the others.

Other profiles have been requested, but probably will not be added. There is some documentation on this pinned in the CCleaner General forum.

[ASP.NET*]
LangSecRef=3025
DetectFile=%WinDir%\microsoft.net\
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\Microsoft.net\Framework\*\Temporary ASP.NET Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\Microsoft.net\Framework64\*\Temporary ASP.NET Files|*.*|RECURSE

- Note, I only found this folder in the v4.0.30319 folder, not any of the others.

Other profiles have been requested, but probably will not be added. There is some documentation on this pinned in the CCleaner General forum.

You said it was doc'ed elsewhere - might be nice to have a direct link.

Also would it be possible fo0r someone to keep up a new file (similar to winapp2.ini) for enteries posted in the forums but that don't make it to the official binaries? It would save someone from having to seartch the forums, thereby haveing the forums run easier and the clients computer run meaner and cleaner?

actually not the "logs", only the download folder. If happens that you delete the items in the download folter before this updates are installed, windows update will redownload them at the next check...

This because you only "compile" v4 assemblies, but if you run your IIS with other version of the framework you will see other asp.net temporary files...

Thanks,

Michele