programs installing together with CCleaner

wojtek

Hi,

yesterday I tried to install the new version of CCleaner (3.11). Unfortunately, some other programs were installed together with it, e.g., the Chrome browser. Such a situation has never happened before. After installing CCleaner, I uninstalled Chrome, because I don't need it (I devoted really much time to configure Firefox with properly working add-ons, etc.). Then, the three shortcuts for Firefox appeared on the desktop, IExplorer unexpectedly started, and eventually I was not able to use Firefox at all. Only the system restore helped me to return from this nightmare. So, the question is: how to install CCleaner alone, without any other program? Anybody could help, please?

thank you both for a very quick reply and help! yes, there is a little delay for the options regarding Chrome, so I didn't notice them, and simply pressed the install button. OK, now everything works perfectly as before. Many thanks once again! :)

• Moderators

there is a little delay for the options

This will become a very important computing lesson when installing software that includes 3rd party add-ons like Google Chrome, etc., as flying right though installers can have unexpected results.