The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction

Magi

• Moderators

;-) there is no "you guys" I've never met the developers in person. Look at most of the moderators' badges and you'll notice we're all Volunteer. We're, like you, just users of the program. If you want actual hands on from the developers it's best to pay for support, else you will just have to wait on certain bugs just like the rest of us.

Again, Veeshush, thank you for being a civilized member of this thread, it makes it a lot easier for us to deal with.

This all said developers are attemping to fix it according to replies 13 and 17

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 years later...

Bumping this cause why start a new thread for the same issue? This still exists with the latest CCleaner, 4.07.4369. I have a bit more new light on it.

The AMD k6 series is a i586, has no SSE or cmov instructions (among others). See: https://en.wikipedia...uction_listings

And this issue still only happens when cleaning SQLite libraries (Firefox and Thunderbird). Both of which I just still clean using their built in functions.

edit

I've also updated Firefox and Thunderbird since last posted in this thread. Running Firefox 25.0 and Thunderbird 24.1.0. If it is an issue outside of Ccleaner then I'd at least like to report it to Mozilla, but I'd need to know.

edit2

I just sent in another bug report using the built in Ccleaner one that pops up after the crash.