Are you old enough .......

DennisD

That used to be a trick with 8-Tracks that they would constantly do....another hint.

Believe it or not, I still have a new car radio which has an 8-Track player. It is sealed up in a box from when my car was new. I replaced the 8-track with a cassette.

25qd6wl.jpg

I remember the cassett, rewinding it manually.

8 track players - worst part was the middle when it switched over and the song would be interrupted by CLICK. It was always at the best part of the song too.

Somewhere in my house is an old school cell phone, roughtly the size of a small minivan.

My dad still owns a old 4 track Stellaphone although the buttons are a bit flakey now.

old_stuff.jpg

You'd be old if you still remember LED calculators and mobile phones with massive SIM cards :lol:

Richard S.

OH GAWD!!! That looks like my HS calculator (which didn't do calculus that well) that I still have collecting dust. :(

8 track players - worst part was the middle when it switched over and the song would be interrupted by CLICK. It was always at the best part of the song too.

Getting warm...I thought you had it for the screwdriver. ;)

25qd6wl.jpg

• Moderators

Did you have to get inside the cartridge to fix whatever.

I remember taking the small screws out of a tape cassette if it snapped and the ends of the tape were inside. And then came the fiddly bit of splicing it back together again with Cellotape.

Hours of fun could be had. ;)