Cleanning a portable/stand alone program

Eli

Hi

Is it possible to clean a portable/stand alone program ? If yes how do I add it to the cleaning list?

thanks

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

• Moderators

What program are you're wanting to clean?

If it stores settings in .INI files cleaning it probably wouldn't work, unless of course you had CCleaner delete the .INI files.

You can clean using the feature in 'Options > Include' if you don't want to make a winapp2.ini cleaning routine.

What program are you're wanting to clean?

If it stores settings in .INI files cleaning it probably wouldn't work, unless of course you had CCleaner delete the .INI files.

You can clean using the feature in 'Options > Include' if you don't want to make a winapp2.ini cleaning routine.

I want to clean Maxthon and G.chrome browsers, but as I move towards using more and more stand alone or portable programs it may be a good idea to use options+include, what kind of files type/options should I target? Thanks

• Moderators

what kind of files type/options should I target? Thanks

I don't use Maxthon or Google Chrome so I don't know what you'd target in them. In allot of portable software you're only dealing with .INI files so that would be all that needs cleaned, however with portable web browsers you'll most likely have some files or folders for cache and cookies.

If you use any PortableApps.com software allot of the settings or MRU, etc., are stored in .REG files, for instance I have it clean my copy of VLC Portable using a batch file to delete a .REG settings file and then copy over a clean .REG file with no MRU or anything in it.

If you use any PortableApps.com software allot of the settings or MRU, etc., are stored in .REG files, for instance I have it clean my copy of VLC Portable using a batch file to delete a .REG settings file and then copy over a clean .REG file with no MRU or anything in it.

Thanks Andavari.