CCleaner Community Forums
hazelnut

Urgent Flash Update

Flash has a critical bug?

Flash is a critical bug :lol:

I'm getting sick and tired of these bug fixes I'm surprised no one's has created a Flash plugin alternative to Flash yet.

Richard S.

I'm getting sick and tired of these bug fixes I'm surprised no one's has created a Flash plugin alternative to Flash yet.

The constant updating is tiresome however we must update to stay safe. I had initially thought Microsoft SilverLight would compete toe-to-toe with Flash, but nope that didn't happen and it's only when on Microsoft.com that it's ever pushed as a download to view something.

Every update is just another flash in the pan <_<

I just checked for an update for FF 22/9/11 9:40 AM Australian EST and no update available.

Shockwave Flash >10.3.183.7 is reported as being up to date.

The constant updating is tiresome however we must update to stay safe. I had initially thought Microsoft SilverLight would compete toe-to-toe with Flash, but nope that didn't happen and it's only when on Microsoft.com that it's ever pushed as a download to view something.

Netflix too. There are a few other places.

I'm waiting for HTML5 standardization.

I tried downloading the new Flash from filehippo and when installing (both IE & non-IE versions) it tells me I have a newer version already installed, & quits. Same thing happens if I download and install from the Adobe site. <_<

How can I find what version I have installed?

It should be listed in CCleaner ➢ Tools ➢ Uninstall, and this site will detect your version.

I looked with CCleaner. Apparently I have v. 11.0.1.129, the RC of Flash 11. Hmm, I don't recall installing that one. I know I definitely don't install betas. Oh well, I guess I'm all set then. Thanks Kroozer.

<_<

Open your control panel, select flash entry, select advanced tab... it will tell you there.

I forgot that Flash has a control panel now. ^_^

I think even my better half's got one of those. Probably not quite the same thing.

Does it have a remote

'Fraid not, it just keeps her stomach in. (For those thinking the "hospital food" thing .. she never comes here :) ).