A trick worth to try

CeeCee

This looks like a very poor attempt at creating a parabolic antenna sadly I doubt you'll get better performance over a beer can it's the wrong shape and dangerous too (sharp metal).

Furthermore when dealing with very high frequencies such as 2.4GHz precise measurements and positioning of components becomes highly critical.

Poor reception is usually caused by bad antenna design / placement at the receiving end (wifi cards / usb dongles) not the router.

Depending on the design and accessibility to the hardware simply soldering a piece of wire to the output approximately 1.25 to 1.5 inches to make a quarter wave dipole can boost your 2.4GHz reception.

I've done this modification to some of my bluetooth dongles and headsets to give them the edge on operation range. ;)

bt_dipole.jpg

Richard S.

If the first beer can signal booster doesn't work as expected... you just keep drinking beer to gain more empty beer cans so as more prototypes of beer can signal boosters can be made :wacko:

When you run out of beer... you know that you gave it your best shot! even if the signal is no better!